Old 11-01-2015, 09:51 AM   #31

We got a bad camper from Forest River(Wildcat Sterling) it stunk but the two Cedar Creeks have been great. I plan to start looking for a 36CKTS soon

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 06:48 PM   #32

I should rename this thread from disappointed to disgusted! Disgusted with both Forest River and Camping World. After waiting three weeks to take our Cedar Creek to Camping World (a Cedar Creek dealer) of Akron, we were grateful to be able to get scheduled. But,,,,,,,why bother having an appointment for repair only to sit for over 2 weeks before even being looked at? Then another 2 weeks to get photos to Forest River for parts and repair authorization. Finally parts are on order and the repairs are done that don't need parts ordered to be completed. The parts that are on order have been on order for a couple weeks. They still haven't shipped. At least as of this past Wed when I stopped in at Camping World yet AGAIN. Well. We're tired and disgusted of both Camping World and Forest River. We're tired of the talking heads who only give lip service and no action besides foot dragging. We're tired and disgusted of the rv industry as a whole who's only objective is to load the dealer lots to sell to the mass of retiring baby boomers. My wife had a long condescending conversation with Henry Sears who actually suggested us to take our rv back to the dealer we bought from, even tho we're in Ohio and bought in Florida. Now the very nature of an RV is travel. Or am I wrong? Never dreamed it meant travel back to your original dealer. He also said the dealers pretty much do what they want and it was out of his hands. Really? I mean really? Camping World represents his company as a major retailer of his company's product. He has absolutely no influence to impress upon his dealers the importance of his company's reputation in this competitive industry? Talking heads! Pass the buck. Maybe run for office... Come on Forest River. Step it up. Right now I'm not just disappointed and disgusted. I'm embarrassed when I'm asked where my trailer is and why did you buy one of those? We've canceled our reservations that were to start this week. Actually 3 different reservations that were to start this week and run until January when we'll (hopefully) be at one resort until April. So, if you're a prospective rv buyer and you're on the fence about what to buy, get off the fence and step back. Think long and hard about how and where you want to spend your money. The rv industry reminds me of the American auto industry in the 80's when they were putting out so many bad cars it allowed the Japanese auto industry to dominate here. At least it eventually improved the entire auto industry.

Old 12-07-2015, 07:30 AM   #33

Mobile, you are right. I was lucky that I had cooperation from the dealer reps at Forrest River and was able to repair most of the problems myself. You're not so lucky. It's not very comforting to start every trip with the expectation that there will be another problem that needs to be resolved and know that it could take weeks for even the smallest issues to be resolved. I hope you get the issues resolved soon and can start enjoying your RVing experience.

"Poorbuthappy", based on your response I'm not sure what your problem is, but crass comments don't help.
2012 F350 King Ranch, Reese Elite 18 and Air Bags
Elkrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:33 AM   #34

IMO, using Camping World for repairs is a HUGE mistake.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:19 AM   #35

Camping World was the only choice. they were the only authorized Forest River dealer willing to get us scheduled in a reasonable time period. The other local Forest River dealer couldn't get us in until after the first of the year. That's their way of saying they don't want your business. I did have a very reputable independent rv repair business I had used on a previous rv we owned that I contacted. They were unwilling to perform any work for Forest River due to some previous issues with them getting paid for work done. We didn't really want to take it to Camping World but we didn't really have much choice seeing how we were planning to be out of Ohio by the 7th or 8th of Dec..... Anyway, it's not just Forest River. It's the entire rv industry that's screwed up. But,, they (their east coast warranty division chief) told us they do make quality rvs and they are better than most. In our experience, They are NOT! They say you can take your Forest River product to any Forest River authorized dealer for service and warranty work. But when you do, Forest River's talking heads tell you they have no control over their dealers and they pretty much do as they please which is to take care of their existing customers and if you didn't buy from them then, oh well, sorry about your luck! Maybe they rv manufacturers instead of claiming that your warranty will be honored at any of their authorized dealers they should really say your warranty will be honored at your selling dealer but beyond that good luck so you may not want to travel too far away even tho their products are made for travel. Can you imagine traveling on vacation in your car and have a breakdown that's covered under warranty. You take it to the manufacturers dealer and they ask "did you buy from us?" Well, sorry but we're really busy and can't get you in for 8 weeks! ........... So, almost all rv's have some warranty issues, mostly minor and usually quickly taken care of. But if you're one of the unlucky ones like us, you'll hear lots of talk and little action regarding getting things taken care in a TIMELY manner. So before you spend your hard earned dollars remember it's just a roll of dice for what you're getting. We won't roll those dice again. There are much better ways to spend your recreational budget dollars.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:50 PM   #36

I brought my Cedar Creek from a dealer a little over 300 miles from me but I take the Creek to my closest Camping World and they fixed it, they do not sell Cedar Creek but they do sell Forest River products. I don't leave my camper there, they call me when they have the parts

Old 12-09-2015, 01:35 PM   #37

Take it to the factory as many people have stated. I wouldn't let camping world install a toilet roll holder!
Old 12-09-2015, 06:54 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacknife View Post
Take it to the factory as many people have stated. I wouldn't let camping world install a toilet roll holder!

Well Camping World does good work for me. Camping World that does work for me use to be owned by Hawleys in Fayetteville NC. Hawleys was a good dealer and all was changed was the name, the people stayed the same.

Old 12-10-2015, 07:20 PM   #39

You ARE fortunate to have a good service center nearby whether it is CW is not important. Enjoy!!
CW is "trying" to consolidate and change the industry. Going to take time to accomplish.
Never needed them for service but I do buy accessories and have my travel insurance through them, long time Good Sam member and insure through National General.
So far, so good!!
Old 12-10-2015, 07:57 PM   #40
Georgia Frog Rally 2018

Well to each his own. There are always issues when it comes to campers and whom you bought it from. Seems like cw is this worst place to buy from. I know I'd never buy a unit from them no matter how good a deal. Later RJD

2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote