Old 12-10-2015, 07:20 PM   #41
You are lucky. My experisnce with them was bad to say the least.

jacknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 08:04 PM   #42
2012 Solera
I would recommend taking it to the good independent, pay the independent yourself, send the bill (with an explanation of your issues getting satisfactory repairs) to Forest River. Hope they pay - but at least get your RV fixed and in service.

2012 Solera "S"
Calif SF Bay Area
JLeising is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 09:22 PM   #43
CW reliability

Just to add to the CW basing I bought a new 2012 heartland big country from them ago the 2012 Tampa Rv show and between the time we picked up till we traded it this past October it spent the equivalent of 7 months has yes 7 months at a Camping World service center. Not because of the complexity of the repairs but just because they didn't or wouldn't keeping their own service times. It would just set in the shop with one excuse after another and when something was supposedly fixed it would have to be returned for the issue because they either didn't really fix it or did a botched job and or would cause other damage. They even lied about contacting component suppliers about warranty work that they said the vendor wouldn't cover. And even after complaints with proof to CW management the issues either continued or were ignored. Needless to say the recent purchase of a 2016 Silver Back 31rk was not with CW NOR WILL IT EVER SEE a CW service center. Take your unit to factory or to a private shop you can trust or one recommended by fellow RVrs
hughd033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 07:33 AM   #44
I should have took my Wildcat back to the factory because there was just too much wrong with camper. Once you complain to much about camper the dealer thinks you are a whinner and they treat you different. When you take camper in for service they tend to think it is you and not the camper. The last two Creeks we have had have been great, the Wildcat should have never left the factory

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 07:56 PM   #45
We have a 2014 31RK Silverback that has been nothing but trouble from day 1. The dealer is worthless and would take a dead dog to them again. Worked with FR, Dometic and other dealers. Finally got CW to work with us and them and got most fixed.
!st trip back to original dealer frig did not work right, told us all in our head. The green stuff running out of the A/C was normal, and hot water in all the cold faucets including the toilet was because the cold and hot water hoses were close to each other. Nothing Done. 2nd trip back(110 miles each way) we told them what a plumber told us, there was no check valve by the hot water heater. So they fixed it. Still told us nothing wrong with frig. Also the black water had a blow by and they half way fixed that but later had to have the whole thing replaced as the pull would not shut at all.
To make a long story short, after several dealers working on frig and working with CW and Dometic and a few threats for legal action we got a new frig and by then the A/C was not working so got a new one. Took over a year.
A few other things the steps completely fell off and had to get those replaced. Not enough fluid in hydraulic. got that fixed. I won't go into the small stuff.
And now that it all works we like it. Have not seen another floor plan in any brands we even like. Believe me I looked because I wanted to get rid of this one.
But if I ever buy another it won't have FR on it.
Silverback Iowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 08:51 PM   #46
What a story! I hate that this kind of thing happens to good people.

The industry is out for the quick buck and is out of control. The competition is tight so the manufacturing process and attention to detail is not possible the way it is. If they cared, their dealers would fix them or not be getting new ones to sell. IMO all factories should institute factory direct sales until independent dealers got their act together.

We buy them because of price (number one), maybe weight, or floor plan or the color of the fake cabinetry. We should be buying based on quality and service after the sale.

We live in an instant gratification and throw away society; where nothing is made to last. If a factory slowed down and tested each unit thoroughly before shipping one out (as Airstream does or used to do) and established a good dealer network that really steps up to the plate; this factory would flourish and the others would have to follow suit or go out of business.

I've read it on this forum, but if we stopped buying junk they would quit making it. Your and my dollar is a powerful thing. I hope the OPs is back on the road by now. Happy holidays to everyone.
XLR Hyperlite 29HFS
Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Triumph Thunderbird

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 09:31 PM   #47
Site Team
Sorry to hear about your trailer. Hopefully you will find another RV and dealer that you will have faith in.
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 10:26 PM   #48
Usually Confused Member
When I recently bought my Vengeance I saved over $8,000 by going to a dealer 30 miles south of CW (2016 model). The local CW probably doesn't look at internet ads to see how much cheaper everyone else is.

However, word around here is their service department is top notch. Go to another CW 100 miles west and all I hear is negative, very very negative, comments about their service. Sounds like the the parent corporation needs to get a little more organized.
At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 10:03 PM   #49
Sounds like the CW CEO Marcus needs to spend more times in his stores than on TV shows trying to help other businesses. Sounds like his is the one needing help!

Tom & Marilyn
2013 Chevrolet Duramax 3500 HD LTZ Crew Cab Long Bed Z71 4X4
2015 Cedar Creek 38RD Hathaway Edition
ttanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 10:28 PM   #50
Seems like people have either great or horrible experiences with Campers World. It's evident there are good and bad Campers World dealerships. Curtis Trailer (Oregon) is the local Forest River dealer. Myself and several family members have purchased from them and all WE can say is they are awesome. A GOOD dealer will take Forest River issues to task if need be and buck up if Forest River doesn't. Bottom line, don't put down Forest River because of the treatment you get from dealers.

BradB is offline   Reply With Quote