Old 12-19-2015, 12:39 AM   #51
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradB View Post
Seems like people have either great or horrible experiences with Campers World. It's evident there are good and bad Campers World dealerships. Curtis Trailer (Oregon) is the local Forest River dealer. Myself and several family members have purchased from them and all WE can say is they are awesome. A GOOD dealer will take Forest River issues to task if need be and buck up if Forest River doesn't. Bottom line, don't put down Forest River because of the treatment you get from dealers.
Your opening comment is right on. Not all customers will have the same experience. 5 years later I have a great relationship with my dealership. A while back someone from here didn't have the same experience.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 09:40 PM   #52

To follow up and hopefully finish this post I started, we finally pulled our Cedar Creek home yesterday. For us, it's been a long grind. Not as long or maddening as some on this board have expressed. A few have said "we should just take it to the factory." Some have said they would never take it to a Camping World. Or, take it to an independent shop, pay for repairs , then seek reimbursement. All good ideas. All these things we considered. Taking it to the factory just doesn't happen without having approval and an appointment. It is a manufacturing facility with limited accommodations for repairs and a lengthy waiting list, mostly for repairs that dealers aren't typically equipped to do or have the expertise to perform... We do have a very reputable repair shop that was unwilling to trust the word of Forest River to authorize repairs, even with an email from Henry Sears, due to past experiences with them... Finally, Camping World, our last resort due to their reputation, was the only dealer willing to even make an appointment to get us in before Dec. I did and still do very much appreciate that... We dropped our Cedar Creek off on Oct 26 and picked it up yesterday. It's cold here in Ohio right now, we have a lot of packing to do to get out of here right after Christmas. We've had to cancel 3 separate reservations including spending time with our daughter over Christmas(she lives in Florida). But it is what it is. We have our fifth wheel back and we're ready to get on with our plans and put this behind us.... But,,,,the rv manufacturers NEED to establish service priorities for existing customers whether they are their selling dealer or not. It's just wrong for them(manufacturers) to just say that "the dealers are just an independent business and they pretty much do as they please. We have no say in what they do. What do you want us to do?" Well, we want you to fix this. The dealers in reality represent your company! The companies that do will stay in business when times get tough again. And they will. And how about Camping World? A company with stores and dealers nationwide with the reputation across the internet as a place to avoid? Not just on this message board either. They truly have the potential to change the rv industry for the better. We know they're not all bad. The one we dealt with was mediocre, with some very good employees with very good pr skills, and some poor employees with poor to non existent pr skills. But as a whole, they, at the least, have a serious pr problem. Maybe Markus should make a reality show about how to take a business to the top by satisfying customers and not just shareholders and peanut counters. The potential is there. Somewhere. It'll just take some serious diggin and competent management to get it out.

Old 12-19-2015, 10:50 PM   #53

Glad you got your 5er back. In an earlier post you said there was quite a wait for parts, (and for them to work on things) but I don't see that all, most, or only some of the work was done to your satisfaction.
Were the required repairs made?
I will say that even tho you had many issues (and most of all your DW was very dissatisfied,) your posts were not filled with nastiness i have seen in other posts on other sites when people are unhappy with a new RV.
Please let us know how things continue with this rig and if you keep it.
Good luck and safe travels.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:52 AM   #54

OK, I'll give a last reply. After a delay all parts arrived(both parties blamed each other for the reason, which doesn't really matter because neither would own up and say "I'm sorry. It's our fault. We'll make it right"). All work was done to our satisfaction, so far. Tho we expect to keep this rig for the long haul, only time will tell if we do. The "new trailer novelty" wore off this rig quickly and we don't want to go thru "breaking in" another one as we believe all the brands have similar issues with quality control no matter their claims or price point. It's always a crap shoot and we just don't want to roll those dice again!... I did say "we" so that includes my wife, whose opinion I share and value above all... Merry CHRISTmas to all!
Old 12-20-2015, 09:50 AM   #55

Merry Christmas "Mobil"
Happy Trails......................
Old 12-20-2015, 08:16 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobil View Post
OK, I'll give a last reply. After a delay all parts arrived(both parties blamed each other for the reason, which doesn't really matter because neither would own up and say "I'm sorry. It's our fault. We'll make it right"). All work was done to our satisfaction, so far. Tho we expect to keep this rig for the long haul, only time will tell if we do. The "new trailer novelty" wore off this rig quickly and we don't want to go thru "breaking in" another one as we believe all the brands have similar issues with quality control no matter their claims or price point. It's always a crap shoot and we just don't want to roll those dice again!... I did say "we" so that includes my wife, whose opinion I share and value above all... Merry CHRISTmas to all!

When it down to it is a crap shoot if you get a good one or bad one, most are good. I think the camper manufacturers are walking on thin ice about saving money with the cheap China tires, I see a class action lawsuit coming against them all

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 03:18 PM   #57

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-22-2015, 04:03 PM   #58
Usually Confused Member

If I had spent as much money as a CKTS costs and had all the problems the OP did, along with the loss of use, I would have turned the whole problem over to the lawyers. It's amazing to see the results when the other party is looking a legal action.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 07:05 PM   #59

Tom - Marilyn we just took delivery on a 2015 38rd. What's go with the main TV .Got it to tilt out at the top but can't get behind to hook up cables for direct TV. Any help. Bill
Old 12-25-2015, 07:37 PM   #60

I lift mine up then tilt bottom out away from wall about 5 or 6 inches then lift straight up with tv tilted. Lift up 3 or 4 inches then pull towards you away from wall.

Tom & Marilyn
2013 Chevrolet Duramax 3500 HD LTZ Crew Cab Long Bed Z71 4X4
2015 Cedar Creek 38RD Hathaway Edition