Old 01-08-2015, 02:57 PM   #11

Furrion Back Up Camera

I purchased the Furrion Back-up Camera for my 38 Foot 2014 Forest River Sanibel at the Frog Rally in August 2014. I have installed it on my Clearance Lights and it works for about 5 minutes the goes to a sleep mode. I bought it to monitor traffic at my rear of my 5th Wheel and when I am backing into location. ("I have a Wife who does not understand how to use hand signals when I am backing"). If I make it to Goshen Indiana in September I will question Furrion Rep. why it goes into sleep mode in a short time. Furrion has replace my power cord since I purchased the unit. If they can not correct the problem I will more likely regret buying it!

Old 01-09-2015, 10:58 AM   #12

First if your camera only comes on when in reverse you'll have to move the power lead from backup circuit to your tail light circuit. Then you'll have camera as long as park or headlights are on.

Second I have a friend who had the voyager system on his 2014 36CKTS . He found out same as I did on my 2013 36CKTS the screen would lock up or show "no signal". He now has a 2015 36CKTS with the furion system.
We cured that problem by purchasing from rvcams.com an 8' antenna extension and a 35' extension cable. We ran the cables from the camera to the front cap. With the antenna on the front cap there is no disruption of signal to the screen.

C.B.

Old 01-09-2015, 08:28 PM   #13

CB, after purchasing the extension cables are you able to use your system as a rear view camera while driving down the road.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:10 AM   #14

rear view camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvgwen View Post
CB, after purchasing the extension cables are you able to use your system as a rear view camera while driving down the road.

Absolutely, It is on as long as your tail lights are on.

C.B.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:21 PM   #15
SnP

cbvp, how did you run the cables from the camera to the front cap? Fish them through the roof or lay across the top of the roof? If on top, how did you secure them. This option sounds like a great idea to fix the lack of communication to the receiver. Now I'm trying to figure out best way to install. Thanks for the idea and link.
2015 Cedar Creek 34RLSA-7, fully loaded
Nights camped - 2014-47, 2015-104, 2016-97
FROG membership #OR-0025-223
SnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:20 PM   #16

CAMERA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnP View Post
cbvp, how did you run the cables from the camera to the front cap? Fish them through the roof or lay across the top of the roof? If on top, how did you secure them. This option sounds like a great idea to fix the lack of communication to the receiver. Now I'm trying to figure out best way to install. Thanks for the idea and link.
Ike and I both took the easy option. We found stick on pads with tabs that you can pull tie straps through to hold cable to roof from a local auto supply store. We ran the cable on the left side of front & rear AC and roof vents. When we could we tie strapped to them. I checked mine this fall when winterizing and all was well.

C.B.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:47 PM   #17

The cable and antenna extension listed in rvcams is under the Voyager. Is that what you used?
2014 3500 Ram Laramie Mega Cab DRW Cummins 6.7L Diesel

bturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 04:55 PM   #18

CAMERA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bturner View Post
The cable and antenna extension listed in rvcams is under the Voyager. Is that what you used?

Yes Sir, I just double checked with Ike to make sure.

C.B.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:34 AM   #19

Is this the antenna you used?

RVCams Backup Cameras and Rear View Systems: 80 Antenna extension

Thanks,
Lee

2015 Ceder Creek 36CKTS
LeNe4847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:44 AM   #20

Backup cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeNe4847 View Post