Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2016, 09:04 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanoHB View Post
I ordered a Rockwood 2905ws and it has the Furrion bracket. Can I mount a Voyager in its place? I don't really want to hack a new trailer, so will it fit as a direct replacement. It comes with camera ready option only. I was going to get Furrion FOS48TA-BL
Wireless High-Speed Observation System. (For high-speed observation and backup use). Any issues with that one?
That's what I put on my rig. Bought the one with the bracket - it was cheaper that without the bracket. I'm happy with it, would buy it again knowing what I know now. My only issue is that the drivers side distance marks that show up on the display seem to bend out from straight. If I'm driving such that the closest mark is right on my side of a lane mark line the farthest out mark is slightly in the next lane. Not really a big deal...

When mounting - make the antennas parallel to get best reception. Either both antennas -- and --, or / and /, or \ and \, not / and \, or -- and |.
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 08:52 AM   #62

We went through the same thing when we bought our CC last summer. What they mean by "observation" camera is the refresh rate of the system is really slow and it just won't work while driving down the road.

We contacted Furrion and they swapped us out for a better unit which works pretty well going down the road. Sorry, I don't remember the new part number or how much it cost.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:23 AM   #63

I wish the Furrion screen was bigger. I'd like a 7" monitor. Found a system on 4UCam that is a 7" monitor and they have a bracket to use it with a Furrion base. I'm thinking about doing that on my next camper. Wish more would work with the base.
grege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 10:42 AM   #64

Any chance u have the link to the 4 U cam that adapts to the Furrion bracket? might be a good option.
Nights Camped 2016- 15, 2017- 30,2018-27, 2019-36 2020-21
ace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 10:49 AM   #65
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRITTER View Post
We went through the same thing when we bought our CC last summer. What they mean by "observation" camera is the refresh rate of the system is really slow and it just won't work while driving down the road.

We contacted Furrion and they swapped us out for a better unit which works pretty well going down the road. Sorry, I don't remember the new part number or how much it cost.
I was reading the Forest River marketing brochure for my 2016 Wildcat and I now understand a lot of the Furrion camera confusion. FR refers to their rear camera option as an "observation" camera but the model they use is Furrion's model 12 which Furrion markets as their "Backup" model. On the other hand, Furrion sells a more powerful, but identical in appearance model 48 that Furrion refers to as their "observation" model. Get it?

Forest River "Observation Camera" = Furrion "Backup Camera 12"

Forest River should have used the 48. So for a stronger signal and a clear "rolling down the highway view" you need to swap/replace/upgrade the Furrion 12 for the more powerful Furrion 48. Contact Furrion direct through their website.
Maxxis 235/80/16E; AirBags w/AirLift1; mor/Ryde Rubber Pinbox; Andersen UltimateII Alum. 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset; LCI Ground Control3; King Dishtailgater; Traveling with 10' Portabote;
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 12:25 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace911 View Post
Any chance u have the link to the 4 U cam that adapts to the Furrion bracket? might be a good option.
Sure thing. Here is a link to the 4UCam item. Scroll down and you can see the bracket. There is also a video of somebody installing it. On Amazon they have it listed together.

Digital Wireless car backup camera color 7 inch monitor RV Truck Trailer Rear View Backup Wireless Camera RVCam Day & Night Vision

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-FRCB...ds=9901digital
Old 12-02-2016, 12:31 PM   #67

Also I was emailing the company and they said the quad view version you would not have to remove the rubber base since that camera has the connector that plugs right in. That would be nice. Here is a link to that one.

Digital Wireless car backup camera color 7 inch monitor RV Truck Trailer Rear View Backup Wireless Camera RVCam Day & Night Vision
Old 12-02-2016, 12:43 PM   #68

Thumbs up

That looks like a pretty good system.Resolution is much better. Too bad the camera itself doesnt fit into the Furrion camera housing, the adapter is pretty hokey. Furrion shows the lcd display at 4.3 and 480x272 resolution. The 4u camera transmits at 712x480. Huge difference, not to mention the 7inch screen size.
Nights Camped 2016- 15, 2017- 30,2018-27, 2019-36 2020-21
ace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 01:25 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace911 View Post
That looks like a pretty good system.Resolution is much better. Too bad the camera itself doesnt fit into the Furrion camera housing, the adapter is pretty hokey. Furrion shows the lcd display at 4.3 and 480x272 resolution. The 4u camera transmits at 712x480. Huge difference, not to mention the 7inch screen size.
Yeah I wished it fit right in too but I think I can live with it in order to have the larger display especially if I can just plug right in. I need and want at least a 7" display. Also the first adapter I saw on a YouTube video was really bad looking. It was probably a prototype. The one on their website looks much nicer just doesn't line up all the way.

I had one of their camera and GPS systems years ago and was happy with it.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:19 PM   #70

I have the Furrion observation camera on the back of my 27FBSS. Signal is great. No issues at all while driving in town or at highway speeds. The screen is small but for the price (under $300 on Amazon) and the fact that the bracket was already mounted i thought it was a good choice. That being said, if it didn't have a bracket I wouldn't have ever thought about a camera. This is the first trailer I have ever towed that had a camera.
bigmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 12:57 AM   #71

Does anybody know the measurements of the Furrion plate you remove to install the camera?

Now I'm thinking of doing a Tadi Brothers system because they have a monitor that clips on the rear view mirror. Seems like a great place to have the monitor since you are used to looking there to see what is happening behind you already. I was thinking to mount the camera I could just attach their bracket to the mounting plate and put a hole in it to run the cable in for power. It would be angled from the weather but I would waterproof the hole too. Then the main part of the mount would still be there and (in my head at least) look pretty good.

Greg
Old 12-03-2016, 04:06 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by grege View Post
Does anybody know the measurements of the Furrion plate you remove to install the camera?

Now I'm thinking of doing a Tadi Brothers system because they have a monitor that clips on the rear view mirror. Seems like a great place to have the monitor since you are used to looking there to see what is happening behind you already. I was thinking to mount the camera I could just attach their bracket to the mounting plate and put a hole in it to run the cable in for power. It would be angled from the weather but I would waterproof the hole too. Then the main part of the mount would still be there and (in my head at least) look pretty good.

Greg
Here's a view of my plate mount. Had to make it a little big because FR had misdrilled the Furrion mount (seven holes instead of four) requiring more cover.

Old 12-03-2016, 08:31 AM   #73

Thanks for the picture. I actually meant leaving the Furrion mount and then mounting the Tadi Bros camera to this plate that you would normally remove using bolts with nylock nuts. Then just reinstalling the plate to the mount. I was wondering what the dimensions were of it.
Attached Images

Old 06-04-2017, 06:59 PM   #74

I'm a bit confused, I have a 2017 Forest River Travel Trailer that was pre-wired for an Observation camera system. I have purchased the FOS48TAPK-BL, Unfortunately I went to install the camera and to my surprise the
connections for both the Camera and the pre-wired adapter in the housing are both male connectors. Is there something I'm missing, an adapter from either Forest River or from Furrion? I have attached a photo of the Campers wired connector.
Dave-N-Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:05 PM   #75

Hello guys,
I am new in the "RV's world". Just bought a Grey Wolf djse and also a Furrion observation system. In my trailer I have already the place to install the camera. Is it easy? Do I need to deal with wires to have a switch on/off button for my camera? I've heard If I will do the conection without the switch , the camera will be always on, and it will drain my battery...What shall I do? Thanks in advance
fabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:18 AM   #76
TGR

My 2015 Wildcat 5th wheel came with a rearview camera installed. The only way to turn it off was with the battery disconnect switch. In my view, that was a lot of power going to the camera when dry camping and extra hours on the camera when long-term camping. From this forum, I learned that the wire to the rearview camera was directly connected to the battery disconnect switch with an inline fuse. I inserted a toggle switch in the power line to the camera, after the fuse, and mounted the switch to a panel in my basement. It works great. You might try this approach.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:27 AM   #77

My Furrion observation camera receives power when I turn my headlights to the on position. Headlights off, camera off.
wardster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:55 PM   #78

Observation/Back up Camers

Like other posts I have read, we had to return our Furrion and have installed the 360 CL-718W-D on our new Wildwood. This observation system has the capability to have more than one camera. We thought it might be nice to have additional cameras on the side, what is consensus? Where can we purchase these additional cameras, no luck in finding them. New to the forum. Posts have been very informative as we are newbies. Thanks much!
vickylea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 05:44 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabio View Post
Hello guys,
I am new in the "RV's world". Just bought a Grey Wolf djse and also a Furrion observation system. In my trailer I have already the place to install the camera. Is it easy? Do I need to deal with wires to have a switch on/off button for my camera? I've heard If I will do the conection without the switch , the camera will be always on, and it will drain my battery...What shall I do? Thanks in advance

If the Grey Wolf is pre-wired and has the mount for the Furrion and not some other brand, it’ll likely take you longer to get the ladder in place just right than it will take to install the camera. I’m not sure where they tapped in to power for your camper, but on mine it was to the marker lights, so the camera was powered when the lights were on. Not an issue for me. If that’s not how they did it for you, it’ll take some investigation to find where it runs, and wire in an appropriate switch. However, it’s easy enough to see if they went the easy route and tied in to the marker lights.
Past: 2018 Flagstaff MicroLite 21FBRS
Past: 2005 Flagstaff Classic 625D
TV: 2016 Ford F-150 3.5 EcoBoost
marinerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:15 PM   #80

We've got a CC 36CK2 that came with the Furion camera. Although black and white and a little grainy, it connects fine to the bluetooth monitor in my truck. Camera comes on when the headlights are on.

Gsykora is offline   Reply With Quote