Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2017, 09:51 AM   #1

Question Dometic A/C Problem

I have a 2011 Silverback 29RE. The 15K main dometic ac cools just fine. My problem is that when the thermostat is set on auto the fan acts as if it was on manual constant run. The fan runs and when the compressor cycles off the fan will stop for approx 10 seconds and then turn back on and will run until after the compressor comes on and runs and then when the compressor stops it will turn off again for approx 10 seconds and then resume running. it only does this on cooling. the fan runs fine on heat. Any ideas on what could be causing this and suggestions on a possible fix.
2011 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
gsp050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:10 PM   #2
Citrus County, Fl.

I have the same problem with my 15K Penguin. On auto the fan is supposed to cycle from high to low when the thermostat senses the temperature inside is within 5 degrees of the setting. Apparently when it is hot outside the low setting is not enough to satisfy the thermostat and it goes back to high.

I find it very annoying and just switch to high fan until the sun goes does and then it works fine.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:32 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I just could not understand why on auto the fan did not stay off when the compressor did. If I set the fan to high or low I could understand it staying on when the compressor turned off, but to turn off and not stay off when on auto has me concerned that something is wrong.
2011 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
gsp050 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic