Old 08-28-2013, 09:06 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
From reading the manual, you can change the differential for Furnace mode but not for Cooling.
Dometic sure doesn't make it easy, do they? Wish I could just go out and get a GOOD Honeywell thermostat that would work.

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:51 PM   #12

Thought I would add this here. The AC return air vents are going to be a problem, once you remove the vents a few times to change the filters, the screw holes are going to strip out. I searched and found these on E -bay. They are only available from Canada. I received them and installed them in about 15 minutes. The filters from Canada are very expensive, so I found a place that makes custom filters for $2.69 each and am having them made. You just flip down the cover, insert the new filter and you are done. Makes the job much easier and should last a long time.
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2013, 12:12 AM   #13
Former Full Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatogonow View Post
Thought I would add this here. The AC return air vents are going to be a problem, once you remove the vents a few times to change the filters, the screw holes are going to strip out. I searched and found these on E -bay. They are only available from Canada. I received them and installed them in about 15 minutes. The filters from Canada are very expensive, so I found a place that makes custom filters for $2.69 each and am having them made. You just flip down the cover, insert the new filter and you are done. Makes the job much easier and should last a long time.
Good info. Thanks
Elbert Hubbard
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:16 AM   #14

gatogonow

where can I find those air vents on ebay, I would like to order the filters too.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #15

Vent Guard Return Air Grille 14" x 6" 10030 Furnace Retrofit ABS Plastic Dust | eBay
Old 11-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #16

I had the same problem with my 32RL Wildcat, at first Tom Johnson said it was air blowing on the thermostat, that was not it. Then they told me that was the way it was suppoused to work, that was wrong, once the temp got above 80 the A/C did not ever turn off, just cycle up and down. After awhile Tom Johnson thought it something that I wanted to whine about. It was like that when I traded but I had a lemon and after awhile you become a whinner when you take a camper back a lot. On my Cedar Creek now I just set the heat and set the cool and forget it on the thermostat , I never mess with the program setting, Camping World said just stay away from that setting, I have no problem now

Tags
5th wheel, cedar creek, dometic, wheel