Old 09-02-2011, 11:03 PM   #1

Dometic Refrigerator problem

I have a Dometic model Rm3962 refrigerator/freezer. The freezer unit is working but the refrigerator will not cool. Can someone give me an idea whats wrong with the unit.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:42 PM   #2

how long has it been on? is the heat sink in the top part of the frig starting to cool?
it takes a few hours for everything to cool. if it's been on 4 or more hrs, check the ventilation on the outside. make sure it is clear.
if u have the wire attached to the fins inside the frig, make sure it is in place and run to a cooler setting.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #3

The freezer is partially cooling while the fridge is not. The digital reading is 60 on the outside of the door. I have the cooling setting at 5. I have not been able to check the top part. I'll try and do it tomorrow. I'm in a camp ground in State College, Pa. The lower part of the unit is warm.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:22 PM   #4

if ur on electric, try gas or vice versa. by now, it should be cool.
another wild guess, are u level? they don't have to be perfect.
baring a leak, it doesn't sound like u have enough heat to boil the ammonia out or u have an obstruction outside preventing the cooling of the outside coil.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #5

I checked the top part. The fan is not working. I probably will contact a dealer. There's one within 5 miles of the campground. Hopefully I can get it fixed this week. Thanks for your help.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:57 AM   #6

i'm glad u found it. the alternative wasn't good.

if u can lay ur hands on the fan blades, u may try giving it a spin just in case the motor froze up.
my bathroom vent fan froze after i had the trailer 2 yrs. spun it and it has been working ever sense (7 yrs).
Old 09-19-2011, 12:23 PM   #7

My Dometic refer/freezer intermittently blows my 20 amps fuses. It sometimes works ok for a while and then for no reason the fuses goes. I replace the fuse and it will be OK for a day or two and then blows again.
Can anyone advise what my problem is? The fuse is always OK when I take the RV in for service.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:56 PM   #8

intermittent problems can be a real challenge.
first thought is that something else is on the circuit that is causing the problem. do u loose anything else? the air conditioner, hood fan (if urs is 12v), light, tv amplifier...
does it happen when u open the door...that could be a problem with the frig light.
i am assuming that it is the dc fuse blowing. i'm purposely trying to stay away form a problem with the frig because the control board also has fuses and i would think they would go first.
when i looked at fuse layout for mine, it appears the frig is the only thing on there. if that is the case, i would try wiggling the (12 volt supply) wire at each end (where it connects at the frig and where it connects to the fuse) and see if u can recreate the problem.
check the screws on the connections and see if they are tight (this is what i call picking at straws).
i know this really doesn't tell u anything but let us know how u turn out.