Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2015, 09:55 AM   #1

Drain issue on 2016 CC Silverback 37BH

Brand new unit on maiden voyage. Go walking around left front corner and notice water dripping.(right below washer and dryer). Wife sees that gray tank is full, so I pull valve and drain. Later she is taking shower and water won't drain. Worked fine the previous two days. Unscrew metal drain plate to look down and see some sort of silicone/clear rubber item. Not sure if that is some sort of anti siphon or what......any thoughts?
Croyles6854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 07:16 PM   #2

It's called a HepvO valve ... it's used in RV's that have a limited space under the shower instead of a regular P-Trap. You have to be really careful sticking something down them if you think you have a clog. If you can get under your shower, it just uncouples from between the drain and piping to the tank. I've never had one apart, but new ones aren't that expensive.

http://www.hepvo.com/
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 09:21 PM   #3

Drain issue on 2016 CC Silverback 37BH

Diesel guy, thanks for the reply! Had done some checking and found out the info on the hepo valve. Went under and disconnected the valve. Pushed the valve back into its right position and re-installed. No leaks. Appears when the level came up from full gray tank, it caused the valve to flip in the wrong direction causing the tub not to drain properly. Dumped 5 gallon bucket down the drain with no issues. Thanks again!
Croyles6854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:05 AM   #4

Wow Dieselguy, how did you know that? I had never heard of a HepvO valve.
CC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:19 AM   #5

CC75 ... I kinda sorta work on RV's on the side. One has to try and stay current.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain