Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2016, 12:38 PM   #21

Have had dual pane Windows on last three fivers. Never had problems, and we are snow birds so we use the rig for five months (nov to April) then during summer we are seasonal at a park in Ontario. Our current Coachmen is the best insulated so far. Dual panes help to keep us cool down in the Texas heat.

Also have a trail air hitch. No hitch is 100%, but this one does take some of the jerking out of the ride.

2014 Coachmen Brookstone 325RL
2015 Chev Silverado 2500 Diesel.
ottawapaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:53 PM   #22

Pocket door locks are easy. This one at Home Depot:

Kwikset Notch Antique Brass Bed/Bath Pocket Door Lock-333 5 SL DR LCK - The Home Depot

If the lock won't adjust down thin enough for the door it is easy to grind/file a bit off of each side piece and the center piece to get it to fit the door. A jig saw, a drill and bit and a screwdriver and 30 minutes is all you need.
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 05:23 PM   #23

Privacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by florabama View Post
I meant the wooden pocket door for the bathroom. It has a plastic strap to hold it secure when on the road. However, when closed it doesn't provide much privacy with a 2 inch opening across the bottom and no way to lock from the inside.
Do you camp with people who lie on TH floor to spy on you under the door??? Or barge in when Tudor is closed?? Our system is: door closed-occupied, door open. Well you get the picture.
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 08:13 PM   #24
wls

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLee View Post
I do not like the 3 pane sliding shower door as well...so difficult to clean the glass and tracks. I did try spraying Wet and Forget on the glass, and it did clean it pretty well...

We have not had to clean them yet, wife put a shower liner and a shower curtain on the outside of shower door. We put one of those spring loaded bar above the sliding shower door frame. We also use a water filter, and a water softener.
2008 Dodge 3500 Dually, Cummins. Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter, 36 Gal aux fuel tank. Mag Hytec Trans pan. Mag Hytec Diff Pan. 6 speed autostick. 3:73, Timbrens, Smarty JR. Equipped.
2016 Cedar Creek 38FB2, Hydra Star disc brakes,
400 watt Rich solar on top,200 watts of suitcase
wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 09:23 PM   #25

It really depends on the climate where you live and where and what months you plan on traveling. I travel in my RV year round and live in the mtns. I really wish I had dual pane windows to help keep the heat in. Likewise,if it's 100 degrees out side and trying to keep cool.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 07:42 AM   #26

I put vinyl film on the inside of our shower doors. No more problem!

This is what we used.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...ow%2Caps%2C167

Love the dual pane windows. They definitely block noise and thermal loss. In our previous camper with single pane windows, the windows would be covered in moisture during cold weather. Not the case with dual pane.

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 12:20 AM   #27

This is interesting. You're getting thermopane windows installed? I am very interested to hear of your experiences with this. I'd love to have thermopanes in my 36CKTS, if it's just a simple upgrade.

Oh, and...
Cord reel, useless, and heavy. Removed it day one. I coil up the "anaconda" as the last thing and put it on top of the other stuff. Takes no space at all.

Bathroom slider door - could be better but the closed=occupied thing works for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97flhtcui View Post
Our 34RL came with single pane windows. We are going to frog rally and while there are going to have thermopane's installed.
50 amp cord reel.. couldn't live without it.
Bathroom door.. it is privacy and looks for us.
Remember that certain things you don't like you can do a mod to make it functional for you.
Demco Glide Ride pin box
Demco Hijacker UMS 21K hitch
mlatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 12:31 AM   #28

We are having painted caps installed to replace the ones that are oxidized after just 14 months. I talked to the service Dept that is going to install them and asked if I could get thermopane Windows. They are 30 miles from the Cedar creek factory and am getting credit for the 2 defective single pane that are going to get replaced. The windows will cost us 4 thousand less the 2 defective windows. Am paying 900 to have the front and rear caps painted cream instead of the mocha. We full time so thermopane's make sense.
Kodiak Disc Brakes
97flhtcui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 12:39 PM   #29

I really like the 50amp cord reel, it takes up very little space and when it gets cold the cord is not fun but with the cord reel it's a breeze

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 05:23 PM   #30

When we had our Cardinal, we would leave one campground for another and I would hand roll the 50amp then throw it in the back of the truck because I didn't have room in the pass thru. Now I can clean it while reel it up. Love it!!
Kodiak Disc Brakes
97flhtcui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 06:16 PM   #31

That's what I do, wrap a shop towel around the cable as I reel in the cable and then it's always put up clean. I put the reel as close as I could to the side and then with wood screws I fastened the reel to the floor of basement

Old 05-22-2016, 06:50 PM   #32

I use to have a laundry basket for the 50 amp cord on my last RV. Now with the reel it makes it so easy to put away. It does not take anymore space than the laundry basket I had on my other RV. Highly recommend the reel. I think it is a must have and of course I am now spoiled with the reel.

Tom
2016 Ford Power Stroke F350 Lariat Crew Cab Long Bed Dual Wheel
2015 Cedar Creek 38RD Hathaway Edition
ttanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 03:11 PM   #33

I didn't order the cord reel with our new 36ckts because I already had one that I removed from a previous rv. The new unit came with the cord reel installed and no charge. I tend to believe that CC is just installing them in all the models. Don't hold me to it, I've been wrong more than once or twice.
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 10:13 PM   #34
Global Nomad

50 amp cord reel

I agree with Spock 123, when cold, that 50amp cord is difficult to deal with. Easy to clean as you roll up. If you don't have reel, you must lift the cord, not a nice thing.
If you don't have pocket bathroom door, the regular door swings outward and blocks coming in. I love the pocket door. If it is only you and spouse, who are you afraid will see you? If kids, train them.
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (Center Kitchen Three Slides)

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 01:47 PM   #35

Have all guests join the Army. You learn to do your business very openly from day one! No fear of anyone seeing you that they themselves are not endowed with. If a male, furnish hanging sock assortment of colors and sizes for selection. 😜. Shower with 50 of your closest friends!
Chances are extremely remote if anyone will ever see more than they do on tv. I am " ass u ming" ya'll wear underwear 😳.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 08:40 PM   #36

Currently reading this thread as I sit in a hospital waiting room after an 80+ hour bout with diarrhea. I currently don't care who/what someone sees if they can just cure me. That pocket door on the pottie room is the LEAST of my worries. If you're good enough friends with me to be invited into my camper, you are welcome to see ALL the equipment.

As to your options, I'm going to be one of the few that likes the cord reel. When I'm setup in a RV park, I use it to store my utility water hose, I use it more often for that than for anything else. I've even considered buying another reel, I like it so much. As for problems with the "Anaconda" cord (never heard it called that, but I'll roll with it, no pun intended) I just "help it also big" with my left hand, and if it's dirty or dusty, I'll hold it with a wet rag or paper towels as I reel it in so that it is stored somewhat clean.

I wish I had the double pane Windows, I use the foil panels from CW that I cut to cover my windows. In Texas, it's way too hot in July and August- sometimes even September, and the AC units have heck trying to keep up with the heat in the afternoon hours. In the winter, the standard Windows allow to much heat loss, and it's cold along that wall.
richard75w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:57 PM   #37

I hope you feel better soon!! I agree with you on the double pane windows. I have to use the foil panels too. I also foam core boards and a heavy blanket inbetween the coach and cab to keep the cold air out of the coach on cold nights. It seems like most of my camping ends up being when it's either too hot or too cold to just be able to enjoy the single pane windows and thin blinds.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 05:20 PM   #38

I really want to keep the Cedar Creek I have but if I do I would really like to have dual pane windows but the are expensive. Also add a washing machine and dryer, expensive. Then look at adding one more cabinet. Might be cheaper to buy another

Old 07-30-2016, 09:48 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Oh. Yes, that's true. I do not care for that door. I guess it's the one thing I didn't like. I am still thinking on how to 'lock' it or hold it securely while inside bathroom.
I just think that the method of stopping the door when closed with just a screw is cheap and something that will fail. Also the plastic strap will allow the door to move back and forth when traveling and can cause some damage.
boomer116ars is offline   Reply With Quote