Old 05-20-2016, 12:38 PM   #21
Have had dual pane Windows on last three fivers. Never had problems, and we are snow birds so we use the rig for five months (nov to April) then during summer we are seasonal at a park in Ontario. Our current Coachmen is the best insulated so far. Dual panes help to keep us cool down in the Texas heat.

Also have a trail air hitch. No hitch is 100%, but this one does take some of the jerking out of the ride.

2014 Coachmen Brookstone 325RL
2015 Chev Silverado 2500 Diesel.
ottawapaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:53 PM   #22
Pocket door locks are easy. This one at Home Depot:

Kwikset Notch Antique Brass Bed/Bath Pocket Door Lock-333 5 SL DR LCK - The Home Depot

If the lock won't adjust down thin enough for the door it is easy to grind/file a bit off of each side piece and the center piece to get it to fit the door. A jig saw, a drill and bit and a screwdriver and 30 minutes is all you need.

2012 Rockwood MiniLite 2104
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 05:23 PM   #23

Originally Posted by florabama View Post
I meant the wooden pocket door for the bathroom. It has a plastic strap to hold it secure when on the road. However, when closed it doesn't provide much privacy with a 2 inch opening across the bottom and no way to lock from the inside.
Do you camp with people who lie on TH floor to spy on you under the door??? Or barge in when Tudor is closed?? Our system is: door closed-occupied, door open. Well you get the picture.
pdqparalegal1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 08:13 PM   #24
Originally Posted by JoLee View Post
I do not like the 3 pane sliding shower door as difficult to clean the glass and tracks. I did try spraying Wet and Forget on the glass, and it did clean it pretty well...

We have not had to clean them yet, wife put a shower liner and a shower curtain on the outside of shower door. We put one of those spring loaded bar above the sliding shower door frame. We also use a water filter, and a water softener.
2008 Dodge 3500 Dually, Cummins. Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter, 36 Gal aux fuel tank. Mag Hytec Trans pan. Mag Hytec Diff Pan. 6 speed autostick. 3:73, Timbrens, Smarty JR. Equipped.
2016 Cedar Creek 38FB2

2016 Camping Days=38
wls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 09:23 PM   #25
It really depends on the climate where you live and where and what months you plan on traveling. I travel in my RV year round and live in the mtns. I really wish I had dual pane windows to help keep the heat in. Likewise,if it's 100 degrees out side and trying to keep cool.
mtnlvr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 07:42 AM   #26
I put vinyl film on the inside of our shower doors. No more problem!

This is what we used.

Love the dual pane windows. They definitely block noise and thermal loss. In our previous camper with single pane windows, the windows would be covered in moisture during cold weather. Not the case with dual pane.

2012 CC 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 12:20 AM   #27
This is interesting. You're getting thermopane windows installed? I am very interested to hear of your experiences with this. I'd love to have thermopanes in my 36CKTS, if it's just a simple upgrade.

Oh, and...
Cord reel, useless, and heavy. Removed it day one. I coil up the "anaconda" as the last thing and put it on top of the other stuff. Takes no space at all.

Bathroom slider door - could be better but the closed=occupied thing works for us.

Originally Posted by 97flhtcui View Post
Our 34RL came with single pane windows. We are going to frog rally and while there are going to have thermopane's installed.
50 amp cord reel.. couldn't live without it.
Bathroom door.. it is privacy and looks for us.
Remember that certain things you don't like you can do a mod to make it functional for you.
2014 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Explorer
Xantrex Freedom SW3012 inverter/charger
2009 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab short box
Demco Glide Ride pin box
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18K hitch
mlatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 12:31 AM   #28
We are having painted caps installed to replace the ones that are oxidized after just 14 months. I talked to the service Dept that is going to install them and asked if I could get thermopane Windows. They are 30 miles from the Cedar creek factory and am getting credit for the 2 defective single pane that are going to get replaced. The windows will cost us 4 thousand less the 2 defective windows. Am paying 900 to have the front and rear caps painted cream instead of the mocha. We full time so thermopane's make sense.
2011 Ford F-250 6.2l gas 373 rear end
2015 Cedar Creek 34RL
97flhtcui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 12:39 PM   #29
I really like the 50amp cord reel, it takes up very little space and when it gets cold the cord is not fun but with the cord reel it's a breeze

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 05:23 PM   #30
When we had our Cardinal, we would leave one campground for another and I would hand roll the 50amp then throw it in the back of the truck because I didn't have room in the pass thru. Now I can clean it while reel it up. Love it!!

2011 Ford F-250 6.2l gas 373 rear end
2015 Cedar Creek 34RL
97flhtcui is offline   Reply With Quote