Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2018, 07:28 PM   #1

Easy close drawers in Silverback 2017 33IK

One of the drawers in our pantry has come loose because of the tiny wood screws holding the side rails have pulled out. An easy fix if I could figure out how to get the drawer out so as to access the side rails and put proper screws with a little Elmer’s on them. Thanks in advance.
kurtkraly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:39 AM   #2

If you look when the drawer is pulled out, there is a small plastic finger on each side in the middle of the rail … push up or down (don't remember) on each one and drawer will slide out clear of rails.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:14 AM   #3
Site Team

There are a couple of different types of releases depending on which slides they used that day. Post a picture of the slide and we should be able to tell if it the lever as DieselGuy mentioned or if its a pushbutton type release.
Old 07-20-2018, 03:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
If you look when the drawer is pulled out, there is a small plastic finger on each side in the middle of the rail … push up or down (don't remember) on each one and drawer will slide out clear of rails.

I was told by a tech, push the finger on one side up, the other side down. I don't remember which side was up or down, but try variations.
2024 Winnebago Minnie 2327TB B&W Continuum Hitch
racer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:34 AM   #5

Thanks to all who responded. Mine are the lever type, small and black. You need to lift up on the at the same time to release the drawer. We are back in business until the next one falls out. Tiny screws in thin material.
kurtkraly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 02:10 PM   #6

The ball bearing drawer slides that are being used are the same ones that are used in cabinet making. I use them all of the time when I am making drawers for cabinets that are not period pieces. Same size screws are used for these slides also. Most face frame cabinets have the slides supported in the front and just the rear of the slide. With drawers slide fasten to either 3/8 thick and 1/2 thick side walls for the drawers.
Old 07-21-2018, 03:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
X2
mbbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:00 PM   #8

Reinstalling screws

Instead of trying to glue the screws back in take and glue wooden toothpicks in the hole. Will hold a lot better. Ask me how I know....
Fifth Wheelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 01:57 PM   #9

This definitely works. I've used this method a couple of times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifth Wheelers View Post
Instead of trying to glue the screws back in take and glue wooden toothpicks in the hole. Will hold a lot better. Ask me how I know....