Old 08-17-2015, 04:44 AM   #11
My coach has one switch that operates both hydraulic slides at once. I can see the benefit of hydro levelers, but as of now I prefer electric slides.

2011 Coachmen North Ridge 290RKD 5'er
2005 Dodge quad cab dually diesel 6'spd manual
1 weird cat with an occasional attitude problem.
Kenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 05:26 AM   #12
Thanks everyone, we bought a 36CKTS yesterday afternoon.

We are moving from a TT to this 5th wheel, now I have a few days to figure out what I don't know. Guess what my biggest question is... Hydraulics I know very little about it so a little insight would be greatly appreciated.

I have had stabilizers on all my TT's but never the Level Up system it sounds fairly straight up but I'm concerned about tweeking it if needed.

The slides also sound simple, I have found the isolaters, what is it I need to know?

DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:05 AM   #13
Don't mean to be blunt but reading the instructions will go a long way. If you need help understanding what you read, we are here for you. The Level Up is really a 3 point balancing system. The jacks work in 3 pairs, front , left back and right back. The system lowers jacks to get a reference point, then works to get side to side right and then works the front landing jacks to get front to back. If it thinks it's OK and you see that it's off, you can manually adjust it and tell it to re-calibrate. It's not perfect but it's pretty good if you are not camping on some cockeyed terrain.
William & Sara
2012 Silverado 2500 HD DA
2014 Cedar Creek 38CK
Sterlingsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 12:28 PM   #14
Originally Posted by Sterlingsilver View Post
Don't mean to be blunt but reading the instructions will go a long way. If you need help understanding what you read, we are here for you.

Sorry I offended you with my question(s). We have just purchased the unit and as of this moment have not taken possession of the unit or the instructions. Trust me I seldom need help understanding what I read.
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 05:56 PM   #15
DKRitter you might want to check out YouTube. There are several videos helpful in describing the level up system. This helped me a lot to understand the operation and how they work. My two cents worth.
ttanous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:57 PM   #16
We have 2015 Cedar Creek 38CK. The kitchen and dinning room are hydraulic. The bedroom and hallway are electric. Had a small problem with the electric. Two motors were not working together so the room on one side would stick out 4" more than the other side. My FR rep rep told me how to fix it. So I would say hydraulic is the way to go. Plus we have 6 hydraulic leveling
My husband LOVES IT. Just our opinion. Hope this helps
alicemerrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:38 PM   #17
i have hydraulic sildes in my wildcat with just one switch the lightest slide will alway go out or in first as it has the lease resistance if for some reasone you want one of the others to stay in until last just have someone hold it in thus more resistance then stop the pump it will stay in.
at goshen the techs were working on two om my slides and that the way they did it
2012 wildcat sterling 32RL
2013 3500HD DRW Silverado Duramax
muddyrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 11:59 PM   #18
My fifth wheel has one switch for all three slides. They slide out or in one at a time. However, located on the control panel outside, there are three valves. If I want to maneuver a specific slide, and not the others, I simply close the other valves. Essentially, I'm turning off the hydraulics for the others.

MichaelDStark is offline   Reply With Quote

electric, hydraulic