Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2014, 03:15 PM   #1

Elerta Ironman HLT Tire Issue

I have a 2009 Cedar Creek Silverback 33LBHTS that I bought used. I talked to the previous owner and he said they pulled the coach to a lake side park and left it there over the summer so he only pulled the trailer about 200 miles. I bought the coach in September 2012 and I have only pulled it about 1000 miles at most.

The tire tread is at a point where you can't even tell if there is any where or not.

This spring two of the 4 are showing cracks in the side walls. There is now way a tire on 2009 should be weather checking.

Anyone else have issues with these tires? If you google it there is not much good said about the brand. One guy wouldn't put them on a wheel borrow.

Would Forest River do anything about these bad tires?
lonnyb_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:07 PM   #2

In a word..no

Carlisle might but you are not the original owner so they might not do anything either.
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:02 PM   #3

Tires are DONE. You need to invest and buy a set. Tire compounds break down in 4 to 5 years. Tread means little. Consider a tire pressure monitoring system if you plan to drag that thing around! My. 2011 had a blowout. Cost: $3,200 damage in 2 minutes! New 2015 Silverback has system and never moves until I am happy everything is set !
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:11 PM   #4

Head on over to your neighborhood Elerta Ironman HLT tire dealer and they'll fix you right up...Ooops sorry there is no dealer...In typical Chinese tire manufacturer fashion, when they get too many complaints they just change the name on the side..Just throw them out and replace them with a set of Maxxis or any of the American made LT tires and move on.
GOTTOYS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire