Old 10-13-2016, 07:42 PM   #11

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
I too like the cord reel it will keep the cord out of the way and is easy to use. When rolling the cord up we wipe off the cord and it is in a neat package ready to use again. I would also recommend a surge suppressor to protect the electronics. I like the Dish Tailgater easy to move to locate a satellite if you have an obstetrician in the way. We also have Dish at home so this is why we have the Tailgater.

The residential refrigerator and the inverter work will for us. I did not want to spend the $$ for the RV fridge as it is smaller and is prone to problems. We have traveled extensively with the trailer and never had any issues with our residential refrigerator.

I prefer the Trailair king pin box, this is the second trailer that we have had with the Trailair pin box. The pin box works as advertised and smooths out the ride between the tow vehicle and trailer.

Depending on where you travel to, I would recommend the extra awning that is attached to the curb slide for additional sun protection and sitting area. I did not order this and wish I had.
I just hate it when those obstetricians get in the way.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfsgm View Post
I just hate it when those obstetricians get in the way.

I hate spell check and the auto feature on an I pad.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:19 PM   #13

Quote:
I hate spell check and the auto feature on an I pad.
I feel your pain. https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...obile&ie=UTF-8
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 11:41 PM   #14

My 2 cents on a few of your questions.
1. Forget the rear receiver. It's too flimsy to hold anything. Get a welding shop to add a real receiver if you are going to need one.

2. Get the residential fridge, you won't be sorry. If you plan a few days boondocking, get a portable generator big enough to run a battery charger for your batteries. Or two portables to run the 5er. I have spent a few 1 nighters in truck stops with 4-6volt battery set-up. After traveling all day and spending the night, plenty of battery power in the morning.

3. I prefer the Wingard Carry Out portable satellite since most of the time we camp in the trees. I can usually locate it in an area to get a signal.

4. Save your money on the bedroom heater. The heat pump or a space heater works just fine.

5. Get the Trail Air
Old 10-13-2016, 11:44 PM   #15

Another vote for the cord reel and carry out satelite.

Salt

Lose the 2nd and the rest will follow.
Salt Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 07:43 AM   #16

Hey; LISTEN to Jim34rl and Keith 52.
At least consider their suggestions, in a "look b4 u leap" 😩. These people, like myself, have been through it and speak from EXPERIENCE.

I will leave it at that EXCEPT a DOUBLE DOWN ++on Trail Air top of the line pin box. YES, mine was a factory add. I WOULD NOT CHANGE ANY DYNAMICS OF FACTORY BUILD UNTIL YOUR WARRANTY IS UP.....
You are placing yourself at risk for a warranty repair rejection. SOME of these rolling boxes have issues off the line that do not show for YEARS.
Ask Keith52 or SilverbackMel in a PM.
I AM VERY PLEASED AT FR DOING WHAT WAS NEEDED OUT OF 2 yr warranty to make us whole. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER UNIT THAT'S NOT A FR MAIN LINE PRODUCTION UNIT. " Never; ever" 😁👌
Old 10-14-2016, 08:22 AM   #17

I know of a few people that moved the cord reel to the front bin and it worked out better for them. We have a power cord reel on our new River Stone and are really happy with it, I finally do not have to wrestle that boa constrictor.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:24 AM   #18

I did NOT order the cord reel.

I GOT a cord reel.

I bought an extension 'anaconda' cord, in case I needed it.......thinking I never would......and have needed it twice. THAT is what goes on the cord reel. I unbolted it and moved it to middle of basement out of the way.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:35 AM   #19

Wink

Quote:
I like the Dish Tailgater easy to move to locate a satellite if you have an obstetrician in the way.
Darn those obstetricians. I hate it when they get in the way! Actually, autocorrect has good points and bad points.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:37 AM   #20

Maybe at Christmas I'll order me a new 50amp cable, I want one that stays flexible well below zero and at least 40ft, not cheap. But love my cord reel, it keeps the cord out of the way and I clean it when I'm winding the cord up

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

spock123 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek