Old 10-15-2016, 11:43 AM   #31

This happened to me a few years ago, a low post just reached out and grab the wrap around fender on my Cedar Creek. The part that goes from the bottom of camper to frame. My dealer was going to charge me over five hundred dollars for the part and shipping, the part had to be crated. I priced it at two different dealers. Cedar Creek charged me less than half crating it and shipping the part to my house. Dealers make money off of us. I don't know if Cedar Creek would still do now what they did then. I lived more than 300 miles from the dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

spock123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 12:38 PM   #32

At one time, early in my possession of the CC I too wanted the cord reel. Now i just wrap the 50amp cord around the inside of a large bucket. My 30amp extension cord and pig tail fit nicely inside that and everything is contained. Plus, I have a large bucket available when I need it. All for about $4 canadian.

Several people here have mentioned Denise. I agree, she is awesome. She has arranged for my CC to have the front cap replaced next summer and at the same time replaces a panel I managed to damage this year. The cost of the panel really surprised me. Only $64 for the wrap under panel that is below the slam lock door on the drivers side. Labour will cost me another $250 but still less expensive and will be a better finish than having it fixed at a local body shop.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:40 PM   #33

Ok here is my reason on the curb side awning! My 34RL has a 16 ft awning, part of this is blocked by the door so setting under the awning is less than 16 ft. Now with the addition of the curb side awning you will have an additional 12 ft to sit under. Another point is the awning will keep the rear curb side cooler with the sun on that side. We are at the Gulf Shores right now and this would help to keep the camper cooler with the sun on it.
Old 10-15-2016, 08:34 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
Ok here is my reason on the curb side awning! My 34RL has a 16 ft awning, part of this is blocked by the door so setting under the awning is less than 16 ft. Now with the addition of the curb side awning you will have an additional 12 ft to sit under. Another point is the awning will keep the rear curb side cooler with the sun on that side. We are at the Gulf Shores right now and this would help to keep the camper cooler with the sun on it.
Jim I totally agree and this is why we did order the 12' slide room awning on our 34RL2. Shade is your friend and awning are great in reducing inside temps. I just wish they had some color other than black for the slide toppers; white or cream would reduce the heat even more.
Old 10-15-2016, 10:01 PM   #35

Have the residential fridge and love it and the ice maker works great. The first year I only had 1 12V battery and had no problem with the battery going dead while running the fridge. The battery stays charged from the truck while going down the road. I DO NOT boon dock so I can't say how long the battery would last while running the fridge. (I have since up graded to 4 12V AGM batteries)
Got the extra awning and as others have stated it works great for keeping the interior cooler. I got the cord reel and think it works great. It does come with a 35' 50A cord. I'm not sure if the other ones that you are pricing include the cord.
Another option that I got was the stacked washer/dryer. Never have to go to a laundromat and you can reduce the amount of clothes that you bring.
I have the dual pane windows and think they are great, Never heard of the issue of them fogging up. Mine are 2 years old and no problem so far.
I ordered the 1 1/4" receiver hitch. When my unit was delivered it wasn't installed. CC sent me to the Lippert factory in Goshen and they installed a 2" heavy duty receiver hitch at no cost. Very happy with it and it is not flimsy.
Old 10-15-2016, 10:49 PM   #36

Just returned from a RV show in Salem, OR. Wager's Trailer Sales (local CC dealer) had some Silverbacks, Hathaway's and one Champagne there. They did have a 34RL2 there so that was nice...although on the outside of the door it just says "34RL". But it was for sure the RL2 because of the new bathroom with double vanity. Changed our mind on a thing or two, regarding our build, and confirmed other options after spending A LOT of time with those trailers...

-after playing with the powered theater seating we've decided to get that in place of the standard non-power theater seating. Had too much fun playing with that.

-played with the cord reel as well and it's not as flimsy as I had imagined. It's by MOR/ryde and must be their entry cord reel model. Will still forgo it on the order form and get one of the beefier models from Amazon for cheaper. The Champagne had this one by MOR/ryde and it was very nice. Manual crank but still nice.

-decided for sure to get the 12' slide out awning

-the Champagne had the bike hitch receiver. I got underneath to check out the welds. Yeah you all were right...would not trust my bike on that thing. Thank you! Side note: My lord that Champagne is gorgeous!!! I've been in it before but it still wows me everytime. I hear the 2017's (yet to be shipped) are going to be even nicer.

-we had decided on the 20 cu ft residential fridge but after seeing it in one of the trailers today it just seems too big for just the two of us. We get by just fine with our 8 cu ft fridge in our current trailer. Thinking of going for the stock 18 cu ft residential fridge but none of the CC units there had one and I can't find any photos of a CC with that fridge installed. It's got to be a less wide fridge, no double doors, so then do you get a few more inches of counter space??? Or do they put in a tiny pantry in the extra space that the stock fridge provides???

-probably going for the queen bed. We have a king at home and a queen in current trailer and the size doesn't bother us at all. Main reason for going with the queen in the 34RL2 is to have a few more inches of room between the bed and closet doors. A bit tight with a king in that floor plan.

-played with the bedroom wall heater and confirmed we don't need it. Decent little unit though, but too expensive for what it is.

-for sure decided against the $900 trailair pin box. I'll install a MOR/ryde pin box which I can get for under $600. If I decide to trade in our current trailer (if no luck selling to private party) then I'll have dealer take current MOR/ryde pin box off and swap it with stock CC pin box.

Walked into a $400K Class A today at the show....big mistake. Wife grabbed my jacket sleeve, pulled me out of there and said, "No!".
2014 Denali 5th Wheel
Ordering a 2017 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34RL2
To My Wife: "Home is wherever I'm with you"
RJ Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 11:04 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyoldman View Post
Have the residential fridge and love it and the ice maker works great. The first year I only had 1 12V battery and had no problem with the battery going dead while running the fridge. The battery stays charged from the truck while going down the road. I DO NOT boon dock so I can't say how long the battery would last while running the fridge. (I have since up graded to 4 12V AGM batteries)
Got the extra awning and as others have stated it works great for keeping the interior cooler. I got the cord reel and think it works great. It does come with a 35' 50A cord. I'm not sure if the other ones that you are pricing include the cord.
Another option that I got was the stacked washer/dryer. Never have to go to a laundromat and you can reduce the amount of clothes that you bring.
I have the dual pane windows and think they are great, Never heard of the issue of them fogging up. Mine are 2 years old and no problem so far.
I ordered the 1 1/4" receiver hitch. When my unit was delivered it wasn't installed. CC sent me to the Lippert factory in Goshen and they installed a 2" heavy duty receiver hitch at no cost. Very happy with it and it is not flimsy.
Power cord is always supplied by the manufacturer is it not? Is the 35' 50A cord stock with a CC no matter if you order the reel or not? If not then what length of power cord comes with a unit?
2014 Denali 5th Wheel
Old 10-16-2016, 09:51 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ Anderson View Post

-we had decided on the 20 cu ft residential fridge but after seeing it in one of the trailers today it just seems too big for just the two of us. We get by just fine with our 8 cu ft fridge in our current trailer. Thinking of going for the stock 18 cu ft residential fridge but none of the CC units there had one and I can't find any photos of a CC with that fridge installed. It's got to be a less wide fridge, no double doors, so then do you get a few more inches of counter space??? Or do they put in a tiny pantry in the extra space that the stock fridge provides???
Here is the deal on the 34RL2 fridge as I understand it after speaking with the factory and my dealer when I ordered that model last week.
The 34RL2 comes standard with a 19 cu. ft. electric (residential) refrigerator. The upgrade option is a 20 cu. ft. (net gain 1 cu. ft.) which is about $1200 additional. The high cost is because they have to rework the counter top and cabinets to accommodate the larger unit. I was sitting with my dealer when the factory rep told us this on the phone; we all rolled our eyes and said in unison "lets pass on that."
Old 10-16-2016, 11:15 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by florabama View Post
Here is the deal on the 34RL2 fridge as I understand it after speaking with the factory and my dealer when I ordered that model last week.
The 34RL2 comes standard with a 19 cu. ft. electric (residential) refrigerator. The upgrade option is a 20 cu. ft. (net gain 1 cu. ft.) which is about $1200 additional. The high cost is because they have to rework the counter top and cabinets to accommodate the larger unit. I was sitting with my dealer when the factory rep told us this on the phone; we all rolled our eyes and said in unison "lets pass on that."
Good deal. Figured we would be fine with the stock fridge. On Couch's build page it states the stock fridge is 18 cu. ft. but they also show the stock bed is a Queen while on the FR website the floor plan diagram shows a King as the stock mattress.
2014 Denali 5th Wheel
Old 10-16-2016, 12:38 PM   #40
SnP

The problem with dealer build pages right now, is the CC factory just made some updates/changes to their units and the dealers haven't updated their websites. Here is the Forest River Cedar Creek site, which has all the updates for the Hathaway. Cedar Creek Hathaway Edition Fifth Wheels by Forest River RV
It does show a King Bed standard and also that the 20 cubic refrigerator as not available on the 34RL2. It would probably be best to contact dealer(s) to get options and costs. I had my factory contact send me the current Champagne build sheet, which shows all options and costs, of course these are MSRP costs. We just took 30% off to come up with approximate cost to us.

Hensley TS3, 20k hitch
2015 Cedar Creek 34RLSA-7, fully loaded
Nights camped - 2014-47, 2015-104, 2016-97
SnP is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek