Old 12-20-2013, 10:22 PM   #51
RKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by OL Creeker View Post
I have an aux tank, gravity fed. My son and I installed it in about two hrs. The tank makes our trips much safer because there's less city driving - looking for a Diesel pump, less maneuvering with the 5er. When we stop for lunch at a roadside rest, or other safe area, I open the valve, leave it opened, watch my main tank fill while driving! The tank saves us time as well as money - no stop and go in town. I fill up after setting up camp, or I go out the morning we leave and fill 'me both.

My thoughts exactly. I'll be getting my long bed next year and the extra fuel cell is my first project.
I get my diesel at Murphy (Walmart) and the fuel today was .37 less than Flying J , Pilot and the TA I drove by on the way out if town today. I don't think there's a discount card that can make up that price difference.

Old 12-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #52

I have a 45 gallon ATTA low profile tank in my 1 ton dually long bed. It has an internal pump. With the pump switch on the pump comes on when your factory tank gets down to 1/2 and shuts off when it fills up to 3/4 tank. It keeps doing this until the aux tank is empty. It also comes with a aux tank fuel gauge. The switch and gauge mount inside the cab. Works really slick. I buy my fuel at Pilot/Flying J with the Good Sam RV Plus card. Discount is 6 cents a gallon off the cash diesel price. The aux, in combo with my factory tank, gives me 80 gallons of fuel. We make sure we are filled every morning and I never go more than 300 miles in a day, so I never have to stop for fuel during the day once under way. Works very well for us.

2013 Chevy 3500HD, D/A, DRW, 4X4
WeRCreekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:13 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeRCreekers View Post
I have a 45 gallon ATTA low profile tank in my 1 ton dually long bed. It has an internal pump. With the pump switch on the pump comes on when your factory tank gets down to 1/2 and shuts off when it fills up to 3/4 tank. It keeps doing this until the aux tank is empty. It also comes with a aux tank fuel gauge. The switch and gauge mount inside the cab. Works really slick. I buy my fuel at Pilot/Flying J with the Good Sam RV Plus card. Discount is 6 cents a gallon off the cash diesel price. The aux, in combo with my factory tank, gives me 80 gallons of fuel. We make sure we are filled every morning and I never go more than 300 miles in a day, so I never have to stop for fuel during the day once under way. Works very well for us.
when you use your Good Sam card in the card reader can you then put in your credit card to buy the fuel
Old 01-02-2014, 11:53 AM   #54

Sorry for the delay. As far as I know, you can't use your credit card to buy the fuel and get the same discount. In fact, I believe trying to use your credit card after your RV Plus card would mess up the pump computer and invalidate the sale. I could be wrong. When you use the RV Plus card at the pump, you enter a "PIN". After the sale, you pull forward to the wait line and go inside and pick up the receipt. You also get a periodic statement from the RV Plus card, by email if you furnish your email address when you enroll.

You can choose to have the RV Plus card be paid automatically by your bank account if you wish - also when you enroll.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:26 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeRCreekers View Post
Sorry for the delay. As far as I know, you can't use your credit card to buy the fuel and get the same discount. In fact, I believe trying to use your credit card after your RV Plus card would mess up the pump computer and invalidate the sale. I could be wrong. When you use the RV Plus card at the pump, you enter a "PIN". After the sale, you pull forward to the wait line and go inside and pick up the receipt. You also get a periodic statement from the RV Plus card, by email if you furnish your email address when you enroll.

You can choose to have the RV Plus card be paid automatically by your bank account if you wish - also when you enroll.
I didn't know. I use a PenFed card and have for about 5 years now, I get 5% off whatever I pay for fuel. I always try to buy at the cheapest place but I will not drive to far just to save 2 or 3 cents a gal. I can only buy so much fuel with a card at a pump anyway, if I have to go inside to pay for fuel then I save only 1% or less. I think with Bank of America I can save 3% on fuel and sometimes I can go across the street at another station and pump more fuel. I don't try to keep 100 gallons in tank, I just keep enough fuel for the next day. The tank saves me time more than anything else and besides now that I'm a little past 25 I don't think as fast as I use too, well a lot so my DW says past 25.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:44 PM   #56

spock123 wrote:
I can only buy so much fuel with a card at a pump anyway, if I have to go inside to pay for fuel then I save only 1% or less.

One of the things I like about the RV Plus card is that I can fill both tanks on one swipe of the card. I always hated having to complete a transaction, get the receipt, and then re-swipe the card to finish filling the tank. That happened even before I got the aux tanks. Just me...
Old 01-07-2014, 04:02 PM   #57

Its what you like but with my card I can save at least .18 cent off a gallon and that adds up. Sometimes I can buy $150 and sometimes $200, once in a while $250 at one time, more than enough for the next day. I went into Yellowstone with 100gal but I don't do that much, inless its somewhere the fuel costs a lot. 5% off $200 is $10, it does add up. I think I save a little money but what I like to save is time when I am getting on down the road. I would leave today in all this cold if I could talk the DW into it, I just love seeing whats around the next curve.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:38 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiecamper View Post
I have one, love it! 37 aux gallons and it fits under the roll and lock bed cover, in front of the hitch. total fuel on board approx 70 gals. At 10 mpg gives me approx 700 miles,and I can buy my fuel at larger centers where it is usually a little cheaper. Purchased at Northern and have it set up with a 12V pump and nozzle.

I have a 90 gal diesel tank from Aluminum Auxiliary Truck Diesel fuel tanks - Aluminum Tanks and Tank Accessories that transfers fuel as need and is all done with out stoping. As I double pull a lot with a boat, it makes easy to get places with out haveing to deal with gas staions all hooked up. This tank fits below rails so can still be covered. I have a tri fold cover that is always over tank when hooked up to 5th wheel, so tank is out of site. Tank is all aluminum and baffeled. Check this company out they have all the stuff you would need. The can also custome make tanks. System is esaily inatlled, all directions and parts for install are included
Old 01-09-2014, 06:40 PM   #59

www.attatank.com
Old 01-16-2014, 09:14 PM   #60

I have to stop or else I will drown or teach my eyeballs how to swim. The 12volt pump works for me and it gives me a little break, right now I can't afford another tank. Those alumium tanks are nice