Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2017, 09:17 PM   #1
Just Creeking Around

Faded Front End Caps

Took the camper to the Cedar Creek factory Service Department to have the caps replaced.
Picked up the camper yesterday!! Boy does it sure look great! They replaced both the front and rear caps. It looks brand new again.
Not only did they (Denise and the Budd brothers) do the caps, they fixed everything they could find wrong! They replaced two Schwintek drive motors for the bedroom slide. Slide seals on the large living room and kitchen slides. They even added several screws on the side trim holding it to the frame.
That's not all...they replaced the entry steps because the rivets were failing.(previous post). Much more to mention. These folks rock!

I can't begin to say enough praise for Denise Davis and her entire crew! They have set the bar high for customer service. They seem to thrive on pleasing their customer base. These are the reasons I stay with Cedar Creek. Great Service. When I read a thread posted by someone complaining about how they can't get any response to their problems, I say poppycock!

Oh by the way, the phone system at Cedar Creek sucks! Don't bother trying to call because you will not get through to a human being.

Jerry and Carol
Pahrump, Nevada
2014 38CK-Auto Levelers
2012 F350 Super Duty Crew, Air Bags, Pull-Rite Superglide, Splendee Combo.
F R O G, GS
Jerry L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:29 PM   #2

Congrats on your experience. Don't have a Cedar Creek but glad to hear there are manufacturers out there that care enough to go the extra mile.
gpaw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 01:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry L. View Post
Took the camper to the Cedar Creek factory Service Department to have the caps replaced.
Picked up the camper yesterday!! Boy does it sure look great! They replaced both the front and rear caps. It looks brand new again.
Not only did they (Denise and the Budd brothers) do the caps, they fixed everything they could find wrong! They replaced two Schwintek drive motors for the bedroom slide. Slide seals on the large living room and kitchen slides. They even added several screws on the side trim holding it to the frame.
That's not all...they replaced the entry steps because the rivets were failing.(previous post). Much more to mention. These folks rock!

I can't begin to say enough praise for Denise Davis and her entire crew! They have set the bar high for customer service. They seem to thrive on pleasing their customer base. These are the reasons I stay with Cedar Creek. Great Service. When I read a thread posted by someone complaining about how they can't get any response to their problems, I say poppycock!

Oh by the way, the phone system at Cedar Creek sucks! Don't bother trying to call because you will not get through to a human being.
Then how do you get intouch??
Cumminz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 08:05 PM   #4
Just Creeking Around

Here is Denise Davis's email.

Denise Davis <dldavis@forestriverinc.com>

Again she is the Cedar Creek service writer

Jerry and Carol
Pahrump, Nevada
2014 38CK-Auto Levelers
2012 F350 Super Duty Crew, Air Bags, Pull-Rite Superglide, Splendee Combo.
F R O G, GS
Jerry L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 12:58 PM   #5

Cedar Creek Kudos

My 2015 Silverback also developed front end cap fading.

I called CC. Had no problems reaching an authorized rep. Even though the unit was out of warranty and the defect was only cosmetic, they gave me a choice between a fair cash settlement or a free replacement at their expense at their location.

The experience could not have been handled better.

We live fairly close to their Topeka Indiana factory so we made a nice little trip out of it, including a factory tour.

So big time Kudos to Denise at CC and their first rate contractor, Amish Family RV Services.
plymaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 03:00 PM   #6

Use a good UV protection cleaner wax, several coats.. and then keep it out of sun when you store it.. I bought and screen cover for the front of mine to keep the sun from fading it.. Also suggest using this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
good luck..
clintbonnie73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 04:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry L. View Post

I'm glad you have had good luck with CC. I was told they didn't have any problems with there front caps. And was given instruction on how to maintain them.
skidboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 07:55 PM   #8

Had my '15 Silverback's nose cap replaced too. Was referred to Amish Family RV by a service person at CC. When I picked up my Silverback on 6-21-17 they told me that they were backed up with work until November. It took me 2 1/2 months to get in. The fellas there are the best and went above & beyond repairing my waste valves, fixed my fresh water tank leak (caused my me), sealed the heck out of it, installed slider plates on all slides, and more.
Parrothead Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:16 PM   #9

Ours was sanded---painted----and then clear coated...They said I would never have any more problems
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:36 PM   #10

Could you expand on the Screen Cover. I use the 303 but my 2014 Prime Time still faded - after the warranty of course.
johnruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnruff View Post
Could you expand on the Screen Cover. I use the 303 but my 2014 Prime Time still faded - after the warranty of course.
This is one would work.. might have to build a wood frame to support it.
https://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Rolle...+fabric+screen
clintbonnie73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:18 PM   #12

Faded caps

Denise provided quick response on my issue. Replacement is scheduling for about a year out at this time. Offer of $750 per cap otherwise.
Has anyone had caps painted and how was cost and wuality?
Mike
San Antonio
Dodge 3500 Mega Cab
MBeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:32 PM   #13

Quote:
Denise provided quick response on my issue. Replacement is scheduling for about a year out at this time. Offer of $750 per cap otherwise.
Has anyone had caps painted and how was cost and wuality?
I am pulling my trailer tomorrow to the dealer to have the front cap painted. Had it less than a year. Although it is still "under warranty", FR would not cover the full cost of the estimate, so the dealer agreed to split the difference of what FR would not cover. Actually the dealer is picking up a little more than half. Seems like sometimes FR covers everything, sometimes nothing, or in between. No consistency that I see. I've seen the facilities at the dealer and I'm pretty confident they will do a good job. They always seem to have work in the bays, and have a dedicated "body shop". Anyway, I should know in a couple of weeks about the quality.
dlwilliams48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:47 PM   #14

I bought something like this for a different project if that will help....

Shade Cloths - Canopies - Sheds, Garages & Outdoor Storage - Storage & Organization - The Home Depot
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 05:17 PM   #15

I have a question. I have a 2014 Prime Time that I bought new and when I called about my faded cap last year in June, I was told it was out of warranty so they would do nothing. If all of these companies are under the FR umbrella, why is it that some take care of customers and some do not. I went in to purchase the Cedar Creek but liked the floor plan of the PT better. Since they were all FR, I assumed that no big difference in quality, etc. though I was led to believe that PT was better overall. Just does not make any sense to me. The Cedar Creek was even actually a little less expensive. Also, I have noticed that there has been at least 3 people in the last year as the contact person for PT so that may mean something.
johnruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 03:07 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by plymaniac View Post
My 2015 Silverback also developed front end cap fading.

So big time Kudos to Denise at CC and their first rate contractor, Amish Family RV Services.
I should add that Angie Oliver at Cedar Creek led our small group on a really interesting factory tour. We saw every stage of production and spent significant time with the plant manager. Angie let us ask a million questions and she knew her stuff. Everyone I met at the factory was a long-time employee and were proud of their work and their product. So even though I was there to deal with a product defect, the experience was very positive and worthwhile.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:55 PM   #17

You must be the first owner of your RV. I'm happy they took care of your issue. My thought is they know there is problem with some of the front and rear caps. They should change them even if you did not purchase brand new.
skidboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:48 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidboot View Post
You must be the first owner of your RV. I'm happy they took care of your issue. My thought is they know there is problem with some of the front and rear caps. They should change them even if you did not purchase brand new.
You probably got a very good deal on your camper, if it was me I would just repaint the cap. If I had it to do all over again that's what I would do. I got a new cap but I had to haul the camper from North Carolina and back and I think if I had put that money on getting the cap repainted I would probably have broke even
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:43 PM   #19

I am the original owner of my Silverback. But it was out of warranty when the fading became noticable to me. Cedar Creek still treated me very fairly IMO. And, as I previosly posted, I was still very impressed by their employees and contractors in any event. CC should get credit on the Boards when they deserve it because they also get the public criticism when the situation goes the other way.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:10 AM   #20

I am currently weighing painted vs replacement... As Spock said, the tow to Indiana can be expensive unless you couple it with the rally... Many stories of happy folks that had the cap replaced but wondering how the repainted ones are holding up... Painting fiberglass can be tricky I have heard.
birdman77 is offline   Reply With Quote