Old 08-08-2016, 09:28 AM   #11

Any dealer that wants to make the sale can simply call the regional rep and add to the order about anything such as pinboxes, ceiling fans, 7K axles, dual pane glass. Thats how we got the extras we wanted ... it just took $$$$$.

Old 08-08-2016, 12:00 PM   #12

Which upgrades did you do that were not listed and why? Thanks! I am really surprised their are no tire upgrades, heck even Jayco is offering the Maxxis tires as an upgrade on the lower priced Eagles.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 08-08-2016, 12:17 PM   #13

I upgraded to Maxxis tires, check with different tire stores. They credited me $200.00 for my stock tires.

What could go wrong?
lowbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 01:10 PM   #14

2016 33ik

I have a 2016 33IK and love the layout, colors, furnishings, etc.
We opted for the 8 cu ft refer to get a bigger pantry to the left of it. They moved the island slightly to the rear as well, but did not move the two overhead lights over the island. I don't know if they corrected that, we had a third light installed to match to throw light on the island (dealer did this and did a crappy job - screwed the fixture just into the ceiling panel, no reinforcement - fixture started falling down on the ride home). We did have the ceiling fan in the living area added (from the factory), similar to the Cedar Creek model. I also had a switch added inside by the door to operate the overhead light in the hallway from living area to bedroom. Nice to have when you open the door from the outside and it's pitch black inside. I believe this was also standard on the Cedar Creek.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:18 PM   #15

Good to hear! How long did you have it before that cap started fading? Thats what I like about the Silverback, no dark cap, all white with decals.

Old 08-08-2016, 03:13 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbubba View Post
We have had ours since April of this year. 2 small issues, no tire upgrade that I know of. We have thermopane windows, much cooler in summer and quiet also. Definitely 2 airs, and auto level up. Any questions just ask. We have the Anderson hitch, I really like it also.
X2 on Andersen Hitch. Flawless.
Old 08-08-2016, 03:46 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivermann View Post
Good to hear! How long did you have it before that cap started fading? Thats what I like about the Silverback, no dark cap, all white with decals.

My 2013 Cedar Creek started to fade at about 15 months and my 2015 started to fade in 11 months

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 04:22 PM   #18

We've had our 33IK for nearly a year. The only real issue we've had is the CO2 detector had to be replaced. The dealer mailed a another one to me and it was an easy replacement. Our previous unit was S.O.B. and it was in the shop 6 times the first year. Following a trip back to the factory, one of the issues had still not been repaired. We've been pleased with the 33IK and would recommend it.

Mark
2015 Ram 3500 DRW
markfromark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 11:18 PM   #19

I have a 33RK, pretty much same except for layout. The residential fridge is great option. Having solar and a couple of golf cart batteries to go with it means you will have plenty of power while driving and for an odd night without hookups.

The build quality I had was very good. My expectations about cabinetry, carpet and fixtures was not high just average. They met them. I had no warranty claims just a black tank valve seal that gave out and I didn't bother to take it in for a warranty claim.

Get 2AC units but remember these things are noisy. The Champagne edition IMHO is more show than substance. But get the all the packages as they are more cost effective than individual upgrades.

Get the upgraded bed but Throw away the bedspread and fake pillows. They have to be fireproof so are made of something more appropriate to a science lab coat than a bedroom.

If you are buying to live in full time go to the cedar creeks, if you are towing to explore the lower weight of the silverback is a plus.

Hitching and unhitching us a pain so look for one that is easy to use and dependable, a slide is a plus if you can afford (that indented cap only helps so much).

The auto level is great. Unhook, push a button and while you connect the water and electric the trailer levels itself.

Be realistic. If you spend X for a trailer you won't get Y quality. If you think $20k is worth it for better carpet or cabinets then your choice. We camp, my house has nice cabinets but camping I am looking for layout efficiency durability, etc.