Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2014, 11:05 AM   #21

We have the 2014 model and love it. Like all the other posts the sawdust is quite annoying and is everywhere. We have been living in ours since 1 April and enjoying every minute of it.
armydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:44 PM   #22

What still amazes me....every now and then we will find a screw on the floor or on the counter and look at each other and say where did that come from, LOL. and we will look all over and can't find where it came from
torben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:21 PM   #23

When we did our PDI, I was very pleased. However, i did notice that the slide on the door side didn't line up smoothly at the wheel well. I mentioned this and the guy said he would work on it. He did but it still looked off. Well after being home a week I noticed when closing the slide that the inside wall was scraped in two places. We watched the slide close and open. We determined it was crooked on the one side. My DH looked underneath the slide and there are two bolts on each side of the slide. On the side that was off, he noticed that one of the bolts was extremely loose and the second bolt was loose. He got the slide straight and tighten the bolts. Works perfectly now. But it bothers me that the guy doing the PDI didn't seem like he wanted to be bothered.
Just goes to show you, that you should go with your gut feelings. Glad we caught it before serious damage was done.
Sewhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:05 AM   #24

Glad you fixed it before any major problems.

Sent from my HTCONE using Forest River Forums mobile app
poofam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:19 PM   #25

Glad everyone is more or less happy with their Cedar Creeks. Our 2014 38CK has been a real joy. We couldn't be happier. We left Cleveland on our first trip in January. Stopped at a Walton, KY, Flying J for our first fuel stop and destroyed their fuel island. We also destroyed the back of the C/K. Wiped out a side window, tore off a marker light, trashed the aluminum skirt and ripped open the fiber glass wall. Duct taped a blanket over the missing window at our first camp site, turned on the water and blew a hose to the W/D under the bed. The whole unit flooded. DW got so sick she ended up at the hospital. Now that's "camping". All has turned out well though. No claim filed by Flying J, window replaced for a few hundred at a camp site and just pocket money for Bondo, decals, marker light. spray paint and sand paper. Looks good as new. Jammed a Sharpie in the broken hose to fix the leak until we could get a splice. DW healed in the Florida sunshine. Next trip is to Canada.
Sterlingsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:25 PM   #26

Wow, what a day you had! Glad it all worked out in the end.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:30 PM   #27

I tell myself (and others) that if you have the perfect camper, you aren't really pushing the envelope of camping. Mind you, "I tell myself".........

At least 6 other RV'ers had hit the same pump. Maybe the problem is the pump island? We now ONLY use truck stop islands. Just another lesson.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:49 PM   #28

My day job is pulling a 53' x 102 wide so I have learned to plan entry and set myself up for exit. I am NOT criticizing just suggesting GOAL (get out and look) If I have doubts that's what I do. I'm just happy it has worked out for you.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:10 AM   #29

We are going to add an extra fuel tank so we can stop at truck stops only. That's not the only reason. Filling up ahead of a holiday plays a part too.
My DH went to renew his drivers license. He normally does not use the back up camera. This time he decided to use it and he hit a telephone booth in the drivers license parking lot.. The booth protruded further then the pole. Nice dent in the tailgate. Needless to say, he is going back to not using the backup camera and just turn around and look like he normally does.
The other funny part of this story is, we have a Dodge long bed dually. When we back up to hook up our CC 36 ckts, if the tailgate is down, which it has to be, we clear the tailgate by about 2 inches. This seemed like an accident waiting to happen so we ordered a tailgate with a cut out for the camper. We were so concerned we would hit the tailgate and now we dented it anyway!
Life happens!
Old 05-02-2014, 09:44 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by poofam View Post
My day job is pulling a 53' x 102 wide so I have learned to plan entry and set myself up for exit. I am NOT criticizing just suggesting GOAL (get out and look) If I have doubts that's what I do. I'm just happy it has worked out for you.
Good info. Of course you are a pro. Probably even have a CDL. Weekend haulers are a different breed. In our case, it was dark, it was brutally cold, the DW was sick and didn't want to get out, the RV lane was mismarked, 6 other RV'ers had hit the same pump in the last 12 months, it took a professional driver to get us off the pump and the service plaza had to be cleared of parked cars. In short, rigs our size do not belong in Flying J RV islands. Truck stops are a no brainer.

I have also figured out that a semi is all different. The trailer wheels are at the back of the trailer. Negotiating a turn requires most of the clearance to be on the side of the turn. A travel trailer has a huge rear overhang behind the trailer wheel set. As I learned the hard way, that also has to be accounted for. At least I kept the repair cost below my deductible.

I took a huge amount of heckling when I arrived at my winter campground. Especially from some Cedar Creek owners. Best part was when a guy's DW came over and said, "he didn't tell you he tore the roof off our new 36CKTS on a tree limb over our driveway coming home from purchasing it. $7000 worth of damage."
Old 05-02-2014, 09:55 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewhappy View Post
We are going to add an extra fuel tank so we can stop at truck stops only. That's not the only reason. Filling up ahead of a holiday plays a part too.
My DH went to renew his drivers license. He normally does not use the back up camera. This time he decided to use it and he hit a telephone booth in the drivers license parking lot.. The booth protruded further then the pole. Nice dent in the tailgate. Needless to say, he is going back to not using the backup camera and just turn around and look like he normally does.
The other funny part of this story is, we have a Dodge long bed dually. When we back up to hook up our CC 36 ckts, if the tailgate is down, which it has to be, we clear the tailgate by about 2 inches. This seemed like an accident waiting to happen so we ordered a tailgate with a cut out for the camper. We were so concerned we would hit the tailgate and now we dented it anyway!
Life happens!
Have seen a lot of rigs with extra tanks. They aren't cheap. We use a Chevy 2500 HD D/A standard bed TV because we don't need any more truck even for the 38CK and we hate doing sight seeing and parking a dually at the mall. Also, the ride can be a bit harsh having any more truck than absolutely needed. That said, there are lots of dually's out there and more truck seems better to lots of guys. We haul at least 10 gallons of extra fuel in 5 gal cans. In a nut shell, we have never needed it. We get about 13 MPG and a 35 gallon tank gets us to a truck stop daily.

You are also right about the clearance of a lowered tail gate but we have never had it hit.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:58 PM   #32

We thought about just hauling a couple of 5 gallon gas containers.
I agree with you about the dually but DH does the driving so it was up to him. The ride is rough and instead of parking closer at our age, we now park at the back of the lot. Don't need the Y anymore!
Old 05-02-2014, 01:43 PM   #33

Sterling silver . Yes I have a CDL and have LONG (80'+) and Wide (14'+) loads sometimes. I'm glad I don't do it every day but it is a challenge when I do . For all you doing Truck Stops may I suggest getting the Pocket Truckstop Guide about $5.00 it will have exit # and amenitys listed in a small paper back book. Mark the stops you like and cross off the ones you don't. Personally I like Loves and Wilco but some independent stops are good. I drive for a living so we have a CC COTTAGE 40crs permanent in a campground on the river with our boat. We LOVE our camper and try to help all the visitors that camp here. Being 20 miles from the house makes for a nice relaxing weekend. POO

Sent from my HTCONE using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 05-04-2014, 09:09 AM   #34

Dealership Name

Would it be possible to get the dealership's name? We live in Rockford Il, and do not mind traveling for a good deal and a reputable dealer.
Total Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:15 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Bliss View Post
Would it be possible to get the dealership's name? We live in Rockford Il, and do not mind traveling for a good deal and a reputable dealer.
What r u looking for ?
Old 05-04-2014, 09:42 AM   #36

Looking

CC36ckts
Old 05-04-2014, 09:50 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Bliss View Post
CC36ckts
Ok well I live in eastern N.C. so my dealer would be to far away. Good luck with your quest.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:05 AM   #38

Traveling

For the amount of money that we will be paying, I don't care how far I have to travel. It would be a vacation to go look and talk to the dealer. I definitely would e-mail first of course, than figure the rest.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:25 AM   #39

I like the 36CKTS and once I stop riding the roads I will get one, they sure are pretty. I have a 100gal tank in my truck and since I have had the camper it has never been to a fuel station, just too close for me. 100gal tank plus 35gal on truck and I can ride a long way without stopping for diesel.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:45 AM   #40

Total bliss. Rex and sons in Wilmington N.C. has one in stock. We got our CC COTTAGE from them nice family business. Tell them SHAMPOE sent you.