Old 04-19-2014, 08:47 PM   #1

Finally picked our CC 36 ckts

Yesterday we drove to Concord, NC to pick up our new 5th wheel. We had a clipboard with 3 different PDI's, flash light , mirror, screwdrivers, creeper, etc. Well, we were in for a big surprise! We had such a good tech take us through the PDI. He was awesome. He was so thorough and explained everything. We planned to stay at the campground right at the dealers the first night. Oh did it rain! It rained and rained all night. We got to check for any leaks real quick.
After reading about issues a lot of people have had, we were pleasantly surprised that the only thing we found was 2 of the windows need a new seal where the seal got moved out of place. One or two other things that my husband took care of. We are pleased. So our first closing up and hitching up was done in the rain and mud. It sure is big!
The scariest part for me was the first couple miles on the road and then backing up our driveway. My DH wasn't nervous at all!

Old 04-19-2014, 08:58 PM   #2

Congrats - We have a similar experience... but both of us were nervous for the first 150 miles or so on the way home (purchased in Hershey PA and had to drive back to MA). We were in Concord in March and stopped in to that dealer to look around (we were staying in Hotel that trip). Nice area.

Happy Camping!

2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:06 PM   #3

Congratulations on your new baby. We have a 2014 CC 40crs destination camper. On our pdi we had 4 small things and were fixed before delivery. A big thumbs up to CC for low defects.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:24 PM   #4

Congratulations on the new rig! glad to hear that your PDI went well, and your first night was good. After your first real campout you will be an old hand at setting up and taking it down. Happy Camping
Days Camped 2014 - 83, 2015 - 56, 2016 - 58, 2017 - 86

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:34 PM   #5

Congrats on your new Cedar Creek 36 CKTS!
Old 04-20-2014, 12:57 AM   #6

Congrats!

Having a good dealer makes all the difference.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:31 AM   #7

Congrats and enjoy!!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2014, 07:42 AM   #8

Congrats from a fellow 36CKTS owner! We love ours!

2012 CC 36CKTS Touring Edition
[SIZE=2]2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:31 AM   #9

I will say as far as Forest Rivers quality, I think they rush to push these out the door. For an msrp of $85,000, they could take just a little longer and more care. For instance, every drawer has wood splinters sticking out around the handles, some things were not attached but the screws are drilled in. So they go so fast, they don't check. Nothing my husband can't take care of but that's not the point. Was I disappointed, no because this forum prepared me.
I also found out you should be careful what you complain about. There were several small chips in the wood finishes. I pointed them out and the PDI guy used a wood marker that was too dark.
So other then the window seals that need to be replaced we will fix the rest.

What I was disappointed in was that they couldn't spend ten more dollars and cover both sides of the couch cushions so you could turn them over. The tv isn't a Smart tv and the DVD player is not blue ray. Kind of behind the times. But nothing we can't live with.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:10 PM   #10

my point was

We had 0 major issues water leaks,slides not working ect. You are right inferior tv's and stereo, no blue-ray. A small list of things that should be but aren't in our 2014 CC COTTAGE 40crs. No ac outlet on left side of bed, need better light above mirror in bathroom, light switch by slide door instead of opening a door in middle of coach and making The av system opening at least 17 1/2" wide so you could change to a home receiver without ripping up the cabinet. Like you said we pay good money for these and for the few hundred bucks (wholesale) add to the price.