Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2014, 07:47 PM   #1

Finally picked our CC 36 ckts

Yesterday we drove to Concord, NC to pick up our new 5th wheel. We had a clipboard with 3 different PDI's, flash light , mirror, screwdrivers, creeper, etc. Well, we were in for a big surprise! We had such a good tech take us through the PDI. He was awesome. He was so thorough and explained everything. We planned to stay at the campground right at the dealers the first night. Oh did it rain! It rained and rained all night. We got to check for any leaks real quick.
After reading about issues a lot of people have had, we were pleasantly surprised that the only thing we found was 2 of the windows need a new seal where the seal got moved out of place. One or two other things that my husband took care of. We are pleased. So our first closing up and hitching up was done in the rain and mud. It sure is big!
The scariest part for me was the first couple miles on the road and then backing up our driveway. My DH wasn't nervous at all!
Sewhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:58 PM   #2

Congrats - We have a similar experience... but both of us were nervous for the first 150 miles or so on the way home (purchased in Hershey PA and had to drive back to MA). We were in Concord in March and stopped in to that dealer to look around (we were staying in Hotel that trip). Nice area.

Happy Camping!
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:06 PM   #3

Congratulations on your new baby. We have a 2014 CC 40crs destination camper. On our pdi we had 4 small things and were fixed before delivery. A big thumbs up to CC for low defects.
poofam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:24 PM   #4

Congratulations on the new rig! glad to hear that your PDI went well, and your first night was good. After your first real campout you will be an old hand at setting up and taking it down. Happy Camping

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:34 PM   #5

Congrats on your new Cedar Creek 36 CKTS!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:57 PM   #6

Congrats!

Having a good dealer makes all the difference.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:31 AM   #7

Congrats and enjoy!!!!!!!!
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:42 AM   #8

Congrats from a fellow 36CKTS owner! We love ours!

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:31 AM   #9

I will say as far as Forest Rivers quality, I think they rush to push these out the door. For an msrp of $85,000, they could take just a little longer and more care. For instance, every drawer has wood splinters sticking out around the handles, some things were not attached but the screws are drilled in. So they go so fast, they don't check. Nothing my husband can't take care of but that's not the point. Was I disappointed, no because this forum prepared me.
I also found out you should be careful what you complain about. There were several small chips in the wood finishes. I pointed them out and the PDI guy used a wood marker that was too dark.
So other then the window seals that need to be replaced we will fix the rest.

What I was disappointed in was that they couldn't spend ten more dollars and cover both sides of the couch cushions so you could turn them over. The tv isn't a Smart tv and the DVD player is not blue ray. Kind of behind the times. But nothing we can't live with.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:10 AM   #10

my point was

We had 0 major issues water leaks,slides not working ect. You are right inferior tv's and stereo, no blue-ray. A small list of things that should be but aren't in our 2014 CC COTTAGE 40crs. No ac outlet on left side of bed, need better light above mirror in bathroom, light switch by slide door instead of opening a door in middle of coach and making The av system opening at least 17 1/2" wide so you could change to a home receiver without ripping up the cabinet. Like you said we pay good money for these and for the few hundred bucks (wholesale) add to the price.
poofam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:26 PM   #11

I will say this, last years CC36 ckts didn't have outlets by the bed but this years does. My DH hates that the toilet paper roll is behind the toilet.
We spent today going through all the warranty cards and manufactures books. Our first time sitting at the table. We loved it.
There was no book for the hot water heater though. The Surburban furnace warranty card wanted the serial number. Good luck finding that! We took the panel off and there is a sticker on top of it but you can't read it. We even tried taking pictures of the sticker.
But boy did we enjoy just hanging out in it!
Old 04-20-2014, 08:17 PM   #12

We have a 2014, 36CKTS. We love our rig. Here's three areas you should look at NOW!
1. Do NOT use the under bed storage for much more than 20 lbs of stuff - if that. The wood flooring is stapled from the bottom! It will fall through - ours did.
2. Add screws to the inside, front of the FRONT facing basement flooring.
3. Add screws to the undersides of the LOWER fender areas, from the front back, about 15'. You should add fender washers - the metal pulls away.
Get the vac, clean out around the TV set, above all slides, furnace area. You'll have sawdust from now till the next coming, regardless.
There are lots of little things I've learned about ours that I'd be happy to share with you. Just ask.
Oh, you did get four batteries right? That is, if you have the residential fridge.
Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:24 PM   #13

Agree on the toilet paper holder - we had one of these from the previous camper and carried it over....

Amazon.com: Gatco 1436C Designer II Pedestal Paper Holder, Chrome: Hardware
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:43 PM   #14

Yes, we did get 4 batteries. I mentioned the bed issues to my DH. He's adding it to the list.
I did notice a lot of sawdust. Good thing I love to vacuum.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:00 PM   #15
CCRVOC

Congrats on finally picking her up! The more you look the more "small" stuff you will find....but that is what it is in the RV industry.

We are enjoying ours right now. We had all the kids and grands here for two days and nothing broke except for one of those plastic holders for the bottom of the window curtains.

It rained Thursday thru Sat but it was beautiful today, and now that everyone is gone we have quite time again !

We hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours
Reck
2012 Dodge 3500, SLT Big Horn,CC,DRW,Cummins HO, EB, 4x4, 3:73, Retrax Pro, Q20, TST507, Garmin RV760, Sleek 4g
2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS, 1000w Solar, TriStar MPPT 60, Magnum 2000w, PI EMS, WiFi Ranger Elite, Sleek 4g, Wingard DTV Traveler
Retired Army in 1995, and now retired in 2016
Ramblin Recks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:57 AM   #16

I must have the only dealer who cleaned up almost all of the saw dust in our rig before we took delivery.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:07 AM   #17

Start looking in small areas. You'll find sawdust! Look in the AC vents, TV area, furnace and basements.
Duramax/Allison
Old 04-21-2014, 12:53 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by OL Creeker View Post
Start looking in small areas. You'll find sawdust! Look in the AC vents, TV area, furnace and basements.
I've been in all of those areas extensively... and there was very little sawdust to be found. We've had other campers and know all about the sawdust. This dealer truly did an excellent job of prepping our trailer.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:57 PM   #19

I'm impressed! -
Duramax/Allison
Old 04-23-2014, 06:15 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewhappy View Post
I will say as far as Forest Rivers quality, I think they rush to push these out the door. For an msrp of $85,000, they could take just a little longer and more care. For instance, every drawer has wood splinters sticking out around the handles, some things were not attached but the screws are drilled in. So they go so fast, they don't check. Nothing my husband can't take care of but that's not the point. Was I disappointed, no because this forum prepared me.
I also found out you should be careful what you complain about. There were several small chips in the wood finishes. I pointed them out and the PDI guy used a wood marker that was too dark.
So other then the window seals that need to be replaced we will fix the rest.

What I was disappointed in was that they couldn't spend ten more dollars and cover both sides of the couch cushions so you could turn them over. The tv isn't a Smart tv and the DVD player is not blue ray. Kind of behind the times. But nothing we can't live with.
Have a 2013 CC 36 CKTS.
Almost a year old.
Quality control is certainly lacking.......
kinzoo is offline   Reply With Quote