Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2015, 05:39 PM   #1

Finally picked up our 38ck

Hello all , well it's starting to look like Spring might have Sprung and for all you retired like me that stay in all winter it sure is a sight for sore eyes . So we left the rig at the dealership after we traded last winter and we can't get both the boat and camper in the driveway , so we picked it up and took to our spot we own at a camp ground (yes own) and set it up . Now we done the walk through back last October and at that time I pointed out some stuff and so I went back to the dealer ship and they pulled it inside last week and we went through it again and all good as I could see . Well we get the rig parked and DW wanted to go inside and put away some stuff sense she hasn't been in it but once and being nice out i hooked the door back and used the screen door and guess what , yep you guessed it , latch was so far off there was no way it could latch and the slide on the door was not in the rail . I popped it back into the rail and told the DW it was fixed and she said i was her hero , until she went out and got more from the truck and came back and yep you guessed it , it was out of the rail again . Next we noticed a cabinet door under the TV was open and a drawer in the kitchen open when we opened the unit up and after further investigation i found on both the catchs were not installed properly . So with this said I believe this unit will have craftsmanship problems from this day forward and blame poor fit and finish and sure hope they paid more attention when they hung the walls and installed some of the major things . I have had numerous new units and this by far is the worst and this after the first time out.
14 CC 38CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 05:54 PM   #2

Oh forgot to say , we found an outlet in the bathroom so crooked you would of thought a 3 year old installed it , but we have a couple 3 year old grandkids and I know they could of done a better job and getting it straight . You would think with as much they are charging for the RV's today that the little things would be found .
Old 04-08-2015, 04:54 PM   #3

Sorry to hear you had such problems. We just did our pdi and checked every inch of our 38 ck and other than a few blemishes and holes not filled everything worked as it should. I hope you have better luck with it from now on.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:55 PM   #4

I sent an email to Cory Germann at Ceder Creek and he responded with in 24 hrs and wants pictures of the door problem so I will see what happens
Old 04-09-2015, 11:36 AM   #5

Good luck. It's tough to spend that much money & to find items that really shouldn't be there... or should be done better. Hope your Cedar Creek contact takes care of you.

hotzfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 11:38 AM   #6

We just picked up our new 2015 3675 Cardinal. Very disappointed. rear left fender is cracked, sliding doors for closet was installed incorrectly causing them to come off track and swing freely causing dings in the wood work, table was only held down with on screw, hinge for table top only had 3 screws installed, screen door sticks (made out of square), TV remote has to be within 6 inches of TV and pointed downward towards the cavity from which the TV comes out of, and I got 5 answers from Forest River where the shut off valve was for the refrigerator water supply was ( which all were incorrect). I asked one of the represenatives from Forest River if this was the first RV they ever put together. 14 CC'38CK, your right with a MSRP of over $90,000 you would think quality might be a priority, but I guess not!
sam2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:12 PM   #7

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3800D3

Don't feel left out,when we purchased our Trilogy February 2013, we had all kinds of problem. The good news was, they were all small stuff. I took my unit back three different times. The last itme was to the Manufacturer it's self. They where great and fix everything correctly. They really went out of thier way to make us happy. We have had no more issue sense then. Hang in there, it will get better.

2011 Ram 3500 Mega Cab DRW 6.7 Cummins
2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3800D3
phil falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 09:20 AM   #8

My sympathy to you...
We have a 2013 36CKTS, have had nothing but trouble.
Terrible "quality control" @ Cedar Creek.....
I only wonder what is going to breakdown this year?????
kinzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:44 PM   #9

Boy I didn't have problems like these. My only outstanding issue is the auto level on the Lippert 6 point system which I think may be a reprogramming issue. I have been really impressed with the quality and engineering on my 31RK. Literally, I have found like two loose screws after a thousand miles of towing. Had a slam latch pop open on the road due to flex on a rough stretch. Had a drip that went away on the sink before I could fix it. I love my trailer new Cedar Creek - saw a lot of weak quality while shopping, glad about my choice.
Brentf is offline   Reply With Quote