Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2017, 05:45 PM   #1

Fire Place Access

We have a 2016 Silverback 33IK that I need to access behind the Fire Place glass to clean out some spider webs. I cannot see, or find, how to access the screws that hold the glass front in place. I am guessing that you need to remove the plastic brick surround first, but cannot figure out how that is accomplished. How is it held in place by ???

Anyone know how this is held in place. The instructions for the fire place show how to remove the glass for cleaning, so I'm good there.

Thanks!
segel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:44 PM   #2

On our 2017 CC 34RL2, there is pin with a ring under the bottom center of the fire place. Pull the pin down and pull the the fire place out. Hope this helps.
Fireman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 08:43 AM   #3

Ours has 4 Philips head screws, two on each side.
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by segel10 View Post
We have a 2016 Silverback 33IK that I need to access behind the Fire Place glass to clean out some spider webs. I cannot see, or find, how to access the screws that hold the glass front in place. I am guessing that you need to remove the plastic brick surround first, but cannot figure out how that is accomplished. How is it held in place by ???

Anyone know how this is held in place. The instructions for the fire place show how to remove the glass for cleaning, so I'm good there.

Thanks!
I have a 2016, 34RL Cedar Creek. We had our trailer serviced by Cedar Creek at the F.R.O.G. rally a couple of years ago. The service technician had to pull the fireplace out to work on this and another issue. The technician removed the screws (black with Roberts/Phillips head) that hold the fireplace in the opening. He than had to slide the fireplace out of the opening. Once out you can access the glass by removing the bottom panel screws and the bottom panel. Be carful you do not damage the electrical wires and motor when you clean the glass.

Components are changed constantly and yours might be different than ours but this is how he was able to access this fireplace.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by segel10 View Post

Thanks!
On my 2014 36ckts, the glass is not attached at all. Just lift up and out to remove.
Demco Glide Ride pin box
Demco Hijacker UMS 21K hitch
mlatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 05:43 PM   #6

I have the manual that explains how to access behind the glass, but nothing to show how to remove the fireplace so that the screws hold the face on can be removed. There are no screws or pins around the face of the fireplace. No access from the sides either. I guess we will live with the spider web for now. Thanks to all who answered.
segel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 05:53 PM   #7

check if there is a trim piece on the fireplace that surrounds the edges. Mine you lift up on trim piece then you can access the screws that hold it in place.

Push up from bottom on the sides to lift trim.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:28 PM   #8
llr

On mine there is a trim board above the fireplace, remove the 2 screws to remove it. Then there is U shaped metal trim around the top and sides that you slide up about a half inch and pull it off. Then you have access to the 4 screws securing the fireplace.
Prior TT 2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS Classic Ultra lite - SOLD 5/21
TV 2024 F350 DRW - on order
TV 2017 F150 6.5' bed 3.5 Eco-boost Max tow 1800lbs payload
llr is offline   Reply With Quote