Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2016, 03:17 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 3
First post. Looking for info

I'm looking for any info on an older (2001) 30rlfs 5th wheel. Specifically, the height of the pin to see if it will work with my truck. The trailer is out of state so just looking for general info. Google didn't return much info.

Thank you
__________________

__________________
RichardAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 07:05 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardAK View Post
I'm looking for any info on an older (2001) 30rlfs 5th wheel. Specifically, the height of the pin to see if it will work with my truck. The trailer is out of state so just looking for general info. Google didn't return much info.

Thank you
I recently traded in my 1998 Forest River Wildwood M24RLS and the hitch pin height is adjustable. Here is a u-tube video of a 2002 rlfs that I found online
__________________

__________________
ShermanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 01:11 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermanD View Post
I recently traded in my 1998 Forest River Wildwood M24RLS and the hitch pin height is adjustable. Here is a u-tube video of a 2002 rlfs that I found online
__________________
RichardAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 09:09 AM   #4
Old Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 48
The truck and trailer combo will probably work. Several variables. The pin on the trailer is usually adjustable and most of the hitches in the truck are adjustable. The problem that may arise is the how level the trailer is once hooked up. You would like to get it as level as possible while towing. Raising the hitch to get lots of clearance may cause the trailer to ride nose high.

A trailer of this vintage will probably have springs that are sagging and that won't help. Fortunately, rebuilding the undercarriage is relatively inexpensive.,
__________________
Cool Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 03:26 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Canuck View Post
The truck and trailer combo will probably work. Several variables. The pin on the trailer is usually adjustable and most of the hitches in the truck are adjustable. The problem that may arise is the how level the trailer is once hooked up. You would like to get it as level as possible while towing. Raising the hitch to get lots of clearance may cause the trailer to ride nose high.

A trailer of this vintage will probably have springs that are sagging and that won't help. Fortunately, rebuilding the undercarriage is relatively inexpensive.,
Thank you. That was my concern. I wanted to the trailer to ride pretty level and it is hard to determine from pictures how much clearance there would be. I thought that someone on this forum may have one of these older models. The one that I am considering is down in WA and I'm in AK. And the owner is up here as well.
__________________
RichardAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 PM.