Old 03-28-2015, 01:08 PM   #11

I just got back from dealer .he told me that they are not fixing the caps any more. have to call cider creek . to see what they will do

Old 03-28-2015, 04:05 PM   #12

REALLY?!

Sorry to hear. Keep us informed what
the factory authorizes.

FR must have a failure contract with the cap provider. Maybe it's too time consuming or lack of confidence in the repair for the dealer.

i will tell you that this issue IS NOT isolated to FR by any stretch. My repair dealer has 6 in the shop right now. Only mine is FR.

Just say'n!

Old 03-28-2015, 05:35 PM   #13

yes know what you mean.my dealer said they aren't getting paid from f.r. that's why they stopped doing the caps.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:49 PM   #14

Fading cap

Here is my opinion if I were out of warranty.

1. Contact FR directly and send great pics of the oxidation fade.

2. Look at BUILD DATE ON LABEL.
You need to know how long it sat prior to sale. Especially if you are first buyer.

3. Explain nicely that you follow the forum and see many with a similar issue repaired by FR.

4. Request consideration that even if out of warranty, your maintenance checks did not show serious fade.

5. Be polite and give as much detail as possible.

Keep detailed records so you have history in the event things change as time passes.

If all else fails, sign up for the 2015 FR Rally and attend. Skilled service reps will be there and should be able to provide repair or at least guidance.
Going to take a BIG $$$$$ hit if you do not repair this prior to resale.

Just say'n

I have found people at the factory to be cordial, knowledgable and willing to do whatever they are allowed to do by corporate chiefs.

In your favor is the number of people with the same fading cap issue. This appears to have been happening for awhile. BUT, there are limits to which FR will go. Try that approach and let us know how it goes for you.

As far as my experience, FR products are the last brand I will own. Unless, LOTTO, $$$$$$$$. Then Prevost custom and paid driver 😜
Old 03-29-2015, 12:00 AM   #15

Call CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wire1946 View Post
I just got back from dealer .he told me that they are not fixing the caps any more. have to call cider creek . to see what they will do
When they told you that I hope you told them that because of that you will not buy another anything from their dealership.

I have mine going in for the repair on 6 Apr. It is out of warranty but the fine folks at CC have told me that they are covering these claims in or out of warranty. Apparently there a dispute between CC and the vendor but that CC was taking care of these now in the interest of good customer service.

One of the reasons that I will not hesitate to buy another CC when the time comes.

Call the warranty dept this week and I am sure they will take good care of you.

By the way who is your dealer so we will all know not to give them our business.
wanderer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 02:13 PM   #16

I'm still in warranty .I have the phone # to call C.C. and to see what they have to say .will let you know next week after I talk to them
Old 03-29-2015, 02:56 PM   #17

Factory

Send a copy of your issue to the head of Cedar Creek service center.

Denise Davis. Great help!
E mail: dldavis@forestriverinc.com

She was in warranty prior and this year took over the center. She was hired from the competition.

I have found her to be an excellent person to get'r done!!
Old 03-30-2015, 09:57 AM   #18

Denise Davis is working with us. We have 23 issues. Denise has been very prompt to answer emails with answers to my questions. However, the factory is so backed up with repairs. Tom Johnson called CC in November and our appointment is July.
Some of the issues we have, fading cap, cracked counter top behind stove and the finish rubbing off the sofa and recliners, are all issues that keep recurring in new CC. Seems like they would find the cause and correct the situation.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:26 AM   #19

I would make sure I went back to the factory for repairs vs dealer. That would offer you more protection over time.
BTW, Repair in summer and a trip to Michigan's Mackinaw Island in not all bad.
Did that trip last year. Was super!!