Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2016, 07:44 PM   #1

? For 2017 Champagne Owners

I have a question about the electrical plugin near the counter top as you enter the door. Near the cabinet with the switches and tank gauges. Ours was dead. When we took the rv in for some repairs, they found that the plugin was only hot when the switch for the overhead fan was on. Seems odd. Anyone else had this happen.
Brady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:36 PM   #2

No...but we have used ours for our coffee pot so I know it works.

It sounds like the good folks tapped off that outlet for the fan and mucked it up. Or vice versa....tapped the outlet off the fan switch.

It sounds like the same guy who wired our audio out of the TV by plugging into the audio in.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:52 AM   #3

Denise told me at the factory that 95% of the people that worked at Cedar Creek was Amish, Amish don't have any electronics at home. Plus sometimes I think that the other 5% put my Creek together

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 04:33 PM   #4

mine works.
I went camping this weekend and unhooked hit the auto level button it went down and then stopped working.no slides or jacks. did the manual thing got it home .but know one will work on it .as it's under warranty .if you didn't buy it here we don't work on them. now have to fined a dealer who will work on it .only 3 mos old.
wire1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 05:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wire1946 View Post
mine works.
I went camping this weekend and unhooked hit the auto level button it went down and then stopped working.no slides or jacks. did the manual thing got it home .but know one will work on it .as it's under warranty .if you didn't buy it here we don't work on them. now have to fined a dealer who will work on it .only 3 mos old.
I know it's not close but check Keystone RV in Greencastle Pa. they claim they will work on units not purchased there, I just got a River Stone froma dealer in Indiana and she said they will work on mine plus they now carry the River Stone line. Good luck.
https://www.keystonervcenter.com/
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 07:43 PM   #6

Thanks for the information. Looks like someone messed up and instead of tracking down the real source of the problem took an easy fix. I figured as much since there is no logical reason an outlet will only work when the fan is on. Hopefully no more serious surprises.
Brady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 01:01 PM   #7

I check mine also. It works all the time. Not switched with the fan.

Have a good one
grouchmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 06:44 PM   #8
BMullins46

For Wire1946, call the CC warranty office in Indiana and explain very nicely what your problem is, ask them if they can recommend a repair service for you. I have found that if you are nice people generally respond in kind and are much more willing to help. Forest River is really taking customer service serious. Good luck in you repair request.
BMullins46 is offline   Reply With Quote