Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2019, 07:06 AM   #1

Found reason for bad smell

After replacing the black tank valve cable yesterday, [emoji846]. I have important tips for this project if you want, let me know.

I noticed a fluid drip coming from the center of the bottom panel between the axles. Located at the overlapping panels seam about middle of the front axle. After removing the screws that secured the panel’s together, I pressing up on the panel resulted in water gushing from the panel seam. Then pulled the panel and was forced to cut the insulation to find a mess of sticky water pouring out.

Investigating found a leak from the elbow underneath the center kitchen island. The drain line and elbow right below the floor is sitting on the frame. The island cabinet is dry, making it hard to notice it was leaking.

Shocking that this plastic plumbing is sitting on the steel frame crossmember probably was damage towing down the road. Not sure how to repair yet. I’ll have to remove all the back panels, and insulation to better access the elbows damage.

If you have a 2013 ckts....beware if you notice bad smell or water dripping underneath. I plan to post some pics.
Boatdude62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:08 AM   #2

Keep us posted. I have a Cedar Creek 32RL built in 2014
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:40 AM   #3

Please share pics of the problem and your solution.
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote