Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2017, 07:00 AM   #1

Fresh tank location on 36ckts

Is the fresh water tank located behind or in front of the axles? I have a trip planned to a Harvest Host site and would like to carry a tank full of soft water from home with me. I'm concerned about pin weight.
4WD SRW Diesel
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 08:02 AM   #2

The fresh water tank is located behind the axles. I have heard that the way the tanks are mounted is not designed to support the weight of a full tank going down the road. I don't know if it's true or not but we never fill our tank until we get to our destination to be safe.
5er - 2013 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Classic Champagne Touring Edition
Stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 03:42 PM   #3

I have a 32RL Cedar Creek and occasionally we run with full water tank, we run half full or better all the time. It helps out the pin weight some
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 10:49 PM   #4

Like said it is just barely behind the axles ... however, although some travel with some water in the tank (we keep about 5-10 gal) ... I've had my belly panels down and there isn't a whole lot holding the tank in place. 60 gals is about 500#. I'd think long and hard traveling with that much weight for any distance. 2 pretty light angle brackets crosswise in the frame and (sometimes) 2 plumbers strap type straps attached by 4 self tapping screws positioned length wise between those angles is all there is.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:06 AM   #5

We have traveled probably 25,000 miles running at least half a tank or more, I have never looked under the belly at the tanks.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:28 AM   #6

I travel just about 1/2 the time with full fresh water tank the other 1/2 with full grey water tanks. I boondock mostly and have never had a problem.
Campingnut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, location, tank