Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2019, 05:59 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by retcsm View Post
I'm a newby to RVing. Im packing my RV at my house, power on ( using adapter to reduce from 50 amp to house voltage for lights and refrigerator). All is well food is cold, I unplug the power cord, open valves on propane tanks. When I got to my location freezer is starting to thaw. Am I doing something wrong?
Was the check light on? Sometimes to get the fridge to go on propane you might have to light th burners on the stove to get the propane flowing. Also you you might have opened the tanks to quick. Close them and open them slowly.
jmcclocklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 06:06 PM   #22

the fridge light went from green to red. tanks were open and I thought it would auto connect going from elec to gas.
retcsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 06:10 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by retcsm View Post
the fridge light went from green to red. tanks were open and I thought it would auto connect going from elec to gas.
If the rv has sat for awhile you have to get propane flowing. So lighting the stove should help. Then keep on pushing the gas button until it lights. Did the hot tank switch to propane ?
jmcclocklin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge, switch