Originally Posted by chisumbella
We are hooked to permanent power and the battery is switched off, because when it is on the voltage regulator under the stairs makes a noise and bothers wifey...
Sounds like you killed your battery(s). That wifey bothering noise is not a voltage regulator. It is the cooling fan for your converter which also charges your batteries and runs your 12v systems. I suggest you turn your battery disconnect back on and get ear plugs for wifey. Not running 12v systems will reduce demand and heat which will allow that pesky fan to turn off anyway. Some folks upgrade the fan to a high quality electronics type which will also cut the noise.