Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2016, 05:55 PM   #1

Full Body Paint vs Gel Coat

Hi All - First post here but long time RVer. Moving from motorhome to fifth wheel soon and will be ordering a CC 34RL. We were all excited about the Cedar Creek until I started reading about the front/rear cap gel coat fade issues. We live in Florida and have covered (top) parking however the front and back will get sun exposure either morning or afternoon. (P.S. if building opened parking make sure it faces North/South and not East/West like mine) So this brings me to my question on the full body paint.
I understand this option is about 9K? So what is the warrantee? 12 months like most everything else? Is it really worth the expense considering I do want a good looking rig.
Also, is the paint close to the quality found on autos? Does it eventually begin to fade/peal as well?

Thanks, and happy trails.
florabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:32 PM   #2

Check this place out for full body paint http://www.southwestrvcenter.com/m_v...sp?pov=4561623
mikenjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:50 PM   #3

Rumor has it there are some new models coming out in July with painted end caps...That's about as much as I've been able to find out so far..
Level up, dual panes & all that stuff...
GOTTOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:24 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTTOYS View Post
Rumor has it there are some new models coming out in July with painted end caps...That's about as much as I've been able to find out so far..
I love rumors--keep us posted please.
florabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:49 AM   #5

I'd be interested in hearing about Full Body Paint as well since I have owned 2 trailers that needed side walls replaced due to delamination. Still working thru the issues with the one we have now but am interested in hearing about full body paint in terms of longevity, fading or any other issues.
Eastlake, OH
EastlakeRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:53 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastlakeRoo View Post
I'd be interested in hearing about Full Body Paint as well since I have owned 2 trailers that needed side walls replaced due to delamination. Still working thru the issues with the one we have now but am interested in hearing about full body paint in terms of longevity, fading or any other issues.
How delamination be stopped with full body paint?
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 11:39 AM   #7

We have a Dutchmen (Keystone parent company), just recently got it back from the dealer for a front cap repair for stone chips during delivery to the dealer. Service advisor insisted our cap was a basecoat/clearcoat. They repaired the chips and repainted the bottom portion - it looks great. But. Was he mistaken or lying to me? Not sure if anyone at Dutchmen will be able to tell me with any certainty, I haven't called them yet.
2023 GDRV Reflection 150 226RK
Springerdad is offline   Reply With Quote