Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #1

Fulltime Cedar Creek

We are looking for a good 5er for fulltime and now have it down to a Montana or Cedar Creek. Love the 34rlsa but the 30rl allows for more cargo. Anyone out there have any experience with both Montana and Cedar Creek? Would you suggest the CC for fulltime? What do you love about it and what would you change? Any experiences, comments, suggestions, etc. are appreciated. We're about a year away (well, 1.21 years to be exact but who's counting?). Thanks!
scorekeeper81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
I previously owed Montana but have a new Creek now after looking at all the new brands. I don't remember any standout features in our Montana. It was a 2000 & I had serious chassis problems with it that seem to remain with most all Lippert chassis, it was just how Keystone/Montana wanted to stick their heads in the sand pnce the problem reared it's head. The Creek on the other hand has all those things the Montana lacked. Don't know that I'd chance another Montana after having been subjected to their "service" for over a decade.

Generally, mainstream Mfgrs refuse to warranty a trailer used full time. That said, our first trip was 5 weeks and the second lasted another 3. We had absolutely no problems related to the length of these trips. Since its only 3 months old now, I can't speak to its long term durability, but do believe it's a keeper for the long run and wouldn't hesitate to use it full time (warranty aside).
Old 09-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #3
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
BTW ours: 2013 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Old 09-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #4

I ordered a Cedar Creek 34Rlsa over the Montana because it just had a better feel to it than the Montana. I will get mine next month. Also I heard CC has better service but that remains to be seen until I get mine. I have talked to their warranty department and they seem to be very nice and accomodating.
2003 Four Winns Funship 214 Deckboat - Hawaiian Breeze
Av8orLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #5

We have a Cedar Creek 36RD5S, in Oct. it will be 4 years old. Ordered it the way we wanted it, did not buy off the lot, truthfully I do not trust dealers, (which proved out when we ordered it, the dealer did us wrong, but the Cedar Creek factory folks more than corrected the problems). We are full-time and have been since we purchased it. I have made a lot of changes, but it was things for our life style. Anyway, we have had warranty work done, but by and at the factory, when we travel north. They have sent us things that were warranty replacement, etc. They know we are full-time, as when you see our unit, it is obvious by the wives stuff on the walls, . Have had no problems with the warranty or talking with the service department, matter of fact, they have bent over backwards to help us. I would highly suggest going with Cedar Creek, they do go the extra mile!!
2007 - Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins
May God bless
WA8MRU
mike1poles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #6

I appreciate all the input. Somehow Cedar Creek wasn't on our original short list but I ran across it and we can't wait to see it in person this weekend. On paper it looks like the best fit for us, but with fewer of them on the road I wanted feedback from actual owners. Thanks to all and let me know if you think of anything else that might help us on our journey.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #7

2013 36 ckts touring edition here, been living in it since July, only problems have been the hinges pulling out of the upper cabinets and front A/C would freeze up. both problems were easy fixes.seems to shake alot when the washer is running but its not terrible. also the trailair pinbox is welded on out of level.
bob34787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #8

Scorekeeper not sure where you are located but the big show at Hershey is next week and I heard from my dealer that they will have the new exterior on the Cedar Creeks
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #9

We had planned on going but my parents' health issues changed our plans. I hope people will fill us in on details.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:42 AM   #10

Purchased a CC 38FL at the show - love the new paint too. Two weeks until we pick it up.
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:14 PM   #11

Congrats, those are beautiful units. I hope to have my unit (2013 34RLSA) in 2 to 3 weeks as well
2003 Four Winns Funship 214 Deckboat - Hawaiian Breeze
Av8orLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #12

I have the 29re we love it the only thing is there aren't as many cabinets as some other rv's we looked at. I wanted the 3010 bighorn the same overall length as our cedar creek but the dealer just sold the last one on the lot and the new one would take 5 weeks for delivery. The wife loved the open living area in the Cedar Creek although the construction didn't seem as high of quality as the bighorn. The bighorn has many more cabinets and a larger fridge. If I had to do it again I'd probably wait but if mama's happy we're all happy.
brokenaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:54 AM   #13

Hi Scorekeeper81.
It's interesting that you mention cargo space.
We fulltime (in the UK) and have a 34RLSA on order - currently in a Keystone Challenger 34TLB.
The large locker in the 34RLSA will be slightly smaller than we currently have - but if you are going fulltime you need to seriously 'reduce' the amount of 'stuff' you carry around with you! We spent months selling just about everything we own on ebay last year, and even the missus gave up lots of shoes and handbags!!!
The most important thing is to get the layout you want for fulltime living - and make sacrifices elsewhere ie. the 'stuff' of life! Your living space is where you will be - not the locker!!! Just a few tools, seasonal clothes, outdoor furniture and a BBQ! (oh - and in my case plenty of beer!!!)
Brewerydave is offline   Reply With Quote