Old 10-09-2012, 12:22 AM   #1

furniture..?

We are full of questions but trying to keep them down to one a day or so....lol.

So our 36RE came with the fold out bed/couch in the unit and a lazy-boy chair on the other side. we were thinking about trading out the chair for another couch, does not need to open to a bed as it would have no where to fold to.

Are we crazy in thinking we might find a couch to match it somewhere or should we just start shopping at local furniture stores..? Does F.R. sell the furniture that comes in our units...?

2006 F350 6.0 with 3.73 gears, 4X4, Extra-Cab Long Box, Oil/Tranny/P.S. Coolers. Coolant filter. SCT Livewire.
2011 Cedar Creek 36RE, Auto levelers + too much to list..!
puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #2

I've never heard of anyone ordering a couch from Forest River but I guess it could be done. I think you would have better luck and a better price by shopping at local funiture stores. Take along a photo of the couch you want to match.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #3

Smile

Our 36B2 came with two couches. One in the living room and one in the back room. We about killed ourselves getting the couch out of the living room and out the door. The door is just bearly big enough to get it out. We bought two of the Amish made recliners with the fold down table, we put them where the couch was and it makes relaxing in the evening much nicer.
The one in the back room is actually to big to open and still be able to get in the half bath. So we don't use it as a bed and if I can I'd take that one out too but not sure if I can take it apart enough to get it out. I'd like to put a nice recliner back there.
The one we took out we brought it in the house and put it in an extra bed room and the grand-kids sleep on it or we fold it up and use it for the kids to watch TV .
As far as buying one don't know where you could get one. You can try Lambright Comfort Chairs - Lambright Comfort Chairs
This is where we got our chairs and they make this stuff for RV's and it's well made. More information then you asked for but I gave it all anyway.. Have a great rest of the week. Oh!! Good luck couch hunting.

<a href=http://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>http://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:53 PM   #4

I think we will end taking a picture and seeing what we can find find around for something to match. Thanks for the reminder that it needs to fit through the door...knowing me I would have missed that hint..!

Thanks again..!

2006 F350 6.0 with 3.73 gears, 4X4, Extra-Cab Long Box, Oil/Tranny/P.S. Coolers. Coolant filter. SCT Livewire.
2011 Cedar Creek 36RE, Auto levelers + too much to list..!
puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #5

Ikea has small couches that you can assemble inside your 5er.

We took out the couch/bed and moved the recliners there. Then we put in a small couch where the recliners went (in the rear). The key point was to make sure the slides would still get past the couch - and be able to get the new couch through the door.
kablair is offline   Reply With Quote