Old 08-25-2016, 05:25 PM   #11

I installed the box myself and torqued the bolts to the recommended torque which I remember as 210 ft lbs. Hooked up, had the trailer weight on the ball, then put 40 PSI in bag, may need to add a bit more. Also have air bags on pick up.

Old 08-25-2016, 07:39 PM   #12

i have a cardinal but it is similar. it has a black tank and two grey tanks. on the monitor panel they are labelled black, grey, and galley. i almost went crazy trying to figure out what drained what tank. i ended up putting a hose into each drain to find out what tank each drained into. turns out toilet is black tank, everything else (kitchen sink, shower, bathroom sink) all drain to grey tank. (kind of thought kitchen would drain to galley but no). so what is the galley tank used for. turns out we have washer dryer prep, though we do not have a washer dryer, and that includes plumbing to drain the washer into the galley tank. so i have completely unused galley tank. since they all drain through a common output i have been thinking of adding one of those add on valves so i can share have the grey tank contents also fill the galley tank.

Old 08-25-2016, 08:40 PM   #13

The book they provide is pretty generic with little info. In trying to get an answer to my question I first called the service dept. of the dealer where I purchased the trailer, they were busy and leave a number and they will call back just as soon as they can. Next I called the service numbers listed for Forest River, Cedar Creek. Recorded message said leave a number and some one will call me back soon, so, left my number. Then I decided to post my question on this forum, and told my friends I bet I get a good answer to my question before I get a return call from either place where I left a message. Got an answer on the forum in just a little while, have yet to receive a return phone call from the dealer or Forest River. Says little for customer service--says a great big bunch for the forum and the folks here.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:13 AM   #14

I have a 2017 cedar creek 34re and the galley tank is kitchen only and bath tank is bath only, have washer hookup. Both grey tanks are independent of each other. Kind of wish they would work together. Have to drain bath tank every 2 days, galley, once a week
Old 08-26-2016, 08:52 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody1884 View Post
I have a 2017 cedar creek 34re and the galley tank is kitchen only and bath tank is bath only, have washer hookup. Both grey tanks are independent of each other. Kind of wish they would work together. Have to drain bath tank every 2 days, galley, once a week
I have a 2016 34RE with the similar set-up as your trailer. What I do is to leave the bathroom grey tank valve open to drain when it is used, closing only when the black tank is dumped. I will than close the valve the day before we are to break camp to clean the drain line. I have found that this works will and especially will when we have my granddaughter with. She can empty a 12 gallon hot water tank and fill up a 40 gallon grey tank when taking a shower.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:09 PM   #16

FR3 shower curtain question.
The curtain guide (curved curtain rack)
is coming off need new one
Old 08-31-2016, 01:07 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody1884 View Post

My 2015 Forest River is the same way. I find the galley tank a waste of time and wish it would just drain into the grey tank. Even with showers and hand washing, the grey tank is rarely full enough to do much rinsing the hose when black tank has been emptied. The galley tank opening is under the living room slide -- not easy to get to for sure. Poor poor design if you ask me. I am wondering -- can this galley tank be made to empty into grey tank and then I have to empty only one grey tank
I had to buy a combo hook up for using the sewer. More money again

Tags
tank