Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2016, 11:17 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 17
Question Galley and bath tanks

New 38ck owner--posted awhile back. New subject. While in the shower noticed water starting to get deeper. Checked little lights in panel by the door and saw that one tank showed full, also noticed the kitchen sink was burping. Went out to drain bath tank not much water, opened galley tank valve and plenty of water. It appears the shower and the kitchen sink both drain into the same tank. Is this how other owners of a 2017 38ck have this to be?? I recon the washer, which I don't have, must drain into the bath tank. Thanks for any replies. Also should mention this is first trip with this trailer since recent purchase---sure do like it so far.
__________________

__________________
sand38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 03:12 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Rest and Relax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Brampton ontario
Posts: 116
If this is a new to you trailer it may be that the wires on the back of the indicator are crossed ie. Kitchen hooked to bath and bath to kitchen?


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________

Mark And Libby
2011 F-350 4X4 Super Crew
2015 Cedar Creek 38FB2
Brampton ON.
Rest and Relax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 03:51 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 17
Rest and Relax--thought about wires crossed and/or drain valves marked incorrectly. The shower had been used 4 times and the kitchen sink used quite a bit more and the bath tank had practically no water while the galley was full. This why I suspect the shower and the kitchen sink both drain into the galley tank. Thanks for the response.
__________________
sand38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 04:08 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Hutch333id's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cochrane, AB
Posts: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by sand38 View Post
New 38ck owner--posted awhile back. New subject. While in the shower noticed water starting to get deeper. Checked little lights in panel by the door and saw that one tank showed full, also noticed the kitchen sink was burping. Went out to drain bath tank not much water, opened galley tank valve and plenty of water. It appears the shower and the kitchen sink both drain into the same tank. Is this how other owners of a 2017 38ck have this to be?? I recon the washer, which I don't have, must drain into the bath tank. Thanks for any replies. Also should mention this is first trip with this trailer since recent purchase---sure do like it so far.
It is the same on my 2014 38FL. The shower drains in to the galley tank, which on my display board is tank # 2. The washing machine (if I had one) would drain in to the tank #1 which is the bathroom hand sink. I think it just helps balance out which tank fills in the advent of you having the washing machine.
__________________


Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:48 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Kirtland, OH
Posts: 233
I have a 38 CK. You guys have figured the tanks correctly. I have and love the washer/dryer. It shares the bathroom sink tank. The grey water tanks are on different levels so they can't be cross balanced either. When dry camping, before I had the washer, I closed the blackwater tank , opened the two greys and used an external shutoff. The lower tank filled first. Wasn't too helpful.
__________________
William & Sara
2012 Silverado 2500 HD DA
2014 Cedar Creek 38CK
Sterlingsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 12:40 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 314
On my MH the galley and shower are on one side of the coach and toilet and lav are on the other. The galley and shower go to galley tank and toilet and lav go to black tank. I read that they do that partly to add a little estra water to the black tank which makes dumping go a little better.
__________________
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 01:02 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
DKRITTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Haslet Texas
Posts: 498
We added a twist on valve to the end of the black ridgid sewer line and if we are dry camping or don't have full hookup's. We close the twiston valve and open both the galley and bath tanks and can go a week w/o having to drain comfortably.

Another benefit of the twiston is if you have a slight leak for whatever reason keep it closed and you won't get a bath of "stuff" when you pull the cap off to hookup the sewer hose.
__________________
2015 Ford F350 CC SRW LB 4X4
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (My Last FR Product)
20,000 LB Reese GooseBox Hitch
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 04:07 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRITTER View Post
We added a twist on valve to the end of the black ridgid sewer line and if we are dry camping or don't have full hookup's. We close the twiston valve and open both the galley and bath tanks and can go a week w/o having to drain comfortably.

Another benefit of the twiston is if you have a slight leak for whatever reason keep it closed and you won't get a bath of "stuff" when you pull the cap off to hookup the sewer hose.
Added one my new 36CKTS on my way home from the dealer. Should be standard equipment on a new rig.
__________________
2015 Chev Silverado 3500 dually D/A
2016 Cedar Creek 36CK
B&W Patriot 18K, Trail-Aire pinbox,
Level up, dual panes & all that stuff...
GOTTOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 04:49 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 17
D K Ritter and GOTTOYS--Good info. Thanks for the idea. DKRitter is the goose box working out O K? Put one on this new rig before first trip. Me thinks it will be O K. May have to adjust the air a time or two till it is right.
__________________
sand38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 05:04 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
DKRITTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Haslet Texas
Posts: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by sand38 View Post
D K Ritter and GOTTOYS--Good info. Thanks for the idea. DKRitter is the goose box working out O K? Put one on this new rig before first trip. Me thinks it will be O K. May have to adjust the air a time or two till it is right.
I love the GooseBox. I had one issue when it was new, it would need air every time we stopped. I called Reese and they weren't sure but I did notice it wasn't easy to put air into so I replaced the valve core and that was all it needed.

I put 60PSI in when I air it up and it settles in at somewhere just above 50. It has a popoff valve so I don't worry about it.

I put airbags on the F350 and air them to 12PSI and the ride is great.

We weighed the truck and trailer last christmas and had about 2 weeks worth of stuff in it so I would say that was a good weight for us. The whole trailer weighed 15,000lbs, the hitch was about 3K and the axles were about 12K.


A big PS check the torque on all the bolts, everyone of mine were way low my guess is they used an impact.
__________________

__________________
2015 Ford F350 CC SRW LB 4X4
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (My Last FR Product)
20,000 LB Reese GooseBox Hitch
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tank

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 AM.