Old 03-22-2015, 07:20 PM   #1
Generator In Under Belly ??

We traded our 2010 CC for a new 36 CKTS that is prepped for generator and has box in front under belly alone with auto transfer switch. I have a generator in back of my truck and had a 50 amp cord made up to hook to RV when needed. I was thinking of mounting a receiver plug on the front of RV with cover and use cord instead of putting generator in under belly. Anyone have one in under belly that would care to share how load they might be and is it better to leave it in bed of truck.

Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:46 PM   #2
Former Full Timer
A complicated question indeed.
The Marquis Gold is Propane powered and will supply 5500 watts. Enough to run your 36 CKTS. Your truck bed genny????
You will have your genny available when the truck is not.
The weight of the genny in the front garage (belly is someplace else) is not all pin weight.
The genny is safer in the garage and protected from the elements.
It starts from a panel switch inside.
Not sure how you hook up your 50amp cord but if you cant do that while on the road then you cant cool the box down in prep for arrival at your destination.
Just some thoughts. The only bed mounted genny (gasoline) I have seen up close was rigged to plug in to a box added behind the pin box so it could be used in motion. He would crank it up about 2 hours from destination and it would be cooled off when he arrived.
If you need the genny for other things then you will probably be better off with the bed mount.

The recipe for perpetual ignorance is:
Be satisfied with your opinions
and content with your knowledge.
Elbert Hubbard
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 09:08 PM   #3
Thanks Duckogram I really like the Marquis Gold and that is the one I was thinking of putting in the garage (not belly my mistake). I have a 3500 in bed of truck that sets against the cab with a cord for hook up. We only use it while on road and have to stop for night somewhere. I think, if I can get the goose to lay me a golden egg this summer, I will go with the gold.
Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote