Old 08-18-2012, 05:52 AM   #11
we found out right away that the cabinet the fridge is in needed venting. The fridge is stuffed in there and has no air flow. I cut in two vent holes top and bottom on the side towards the table and chairs and covered them with return vent covers from work. Also vented the thin wall where the power converter is. the fan ran nonstop on it. Still working on situating that giant basement area to suit me. 5 trips so far and I think its finally set.
It will go back to the dealer after our Ohio trip to have the Kitchen counter, Sofa Bed, and fridge doors replaced.

A few little mods left to do,
Enjoy your new unit and safe travels!

Kirk, Carol& Nicholas (Grandson)
2013 Cedar Creek 38FL, RV Cams rearview cam
2003 GMC 3500 Dually, 8.1 Ally
Big ol Taylor Wing (keeps the bugs off)
CAUTION behind this truck is A contagious disease!!!
Its called Camping!!!
kirk37r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #12
Old Member
Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
"My wife and I are picking up our new 5ver on Wednesday. Any last minute things I need to ask or look for? Thanks!"

Just Beachy, Watch out for the low clearances. Mine w/ the 2nd AC went from 12'11" to 13'4". Make you want to duck every time you approach anything less that 15'. I use the RandMcNally Motor Carrier Atlas, it has a section on low clearances for every state and gets updated annually. Low Clearances is another good site to check OH clearances on your intended route.

Mike, Sheila & Toppi our Fur Kid
2013 Cedar Creek 36CKTS/MorRyde IS/Kodiak Disc + bells-n-whistles

2013 Ford F350 Lariat/CC/DRW/Aux Fuel/Curt 20K
from Spring, TX , FROG, CCRVC, CCRVOC & Escapees members
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #13

I'm just in the CC 5ver for the first time. We are having a great time but are having issues with the frigidaire convection microwave door. Has anyone else had issue?

Just beachy is offline   Reply With Quote