Old 07-16-2016, 03:59 PM   #1

Going Full Time would like info. on C.C 38FB2 5th wheel

My wife and I are going to go full time. We were going to buy a C.C XLR toy hauler, but decided it's time for the Harley to go.
We are now looking at a new 2017 C.C. 38 FB2 fifth wheel. Does anyone know about these units and Ceder Creek for that matter. I've been trying to do my homework. My last toy hauler was a Keystone Raptor and boy was that a mistake. I just don't want to get burn't again.
Any help would sure be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Steve

Old 07-16-2016, 04:24 PM   #2

I have had two Cedar Creeks and both have been good for me. The only trouble I have had is front cap fade. I don't think you can go wrong with a Creek

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 04:26 PM   #3

I spent the last year in research, and ended up with a Cedar Creek.

But there are many good ones out there........

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 04:34 PM   #4

We have the CC 38FL and love it. We bought it new at the start of 2014 and last year had one of the electric slide motors replaced on the starboard side front living room side (under warranty). Other than that and the usual minor snags that crop up in new Rv's we have absolutely no problems in recommending the Cedar Creek brand. As I recall from a recent visit to a dealership for a 'nose around' the 38FB2 has the large bathroom at the front end so plenty of storage available for personal effects, etc. I know that if we ever decided to go full-time we'd be looking at the 38FL6 which has way more space in the kitchen area but that is just my personal preference.

I think there are 'lemons' with every manufacturer but we are certainly very happy with Cedar Creek and often get compliments when staying at a location.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 05:26 PM   #5

When we purchased our CC 38rd it was either the FB2 or 38rd. We loved both models. We have been very please with our 2015. We have only had one problem which I am going to fix myself. I highly recommend CC. We did a year long research and determined CC was best after having 2 fifth wheels from keystone. Good luck in your search.

Tom
2016 Ford Power Stroke F350 Lariat Crew Cab Long Bed Dual Wheel
2015 Cedar Creek 38RD Hathaway Edition
Old 07-16-2016, 07:54 PM   #6

CC

Thanks to all the replies I do appreciate them.
Old 07-16-2016, 07:57 PM   #7

I'm an ex-police officer myself Hutch.
Old 07-16-2016, 08:37 PM   #8

Enjoy your new Creek. Keep us posted on where you go. Pictures of the new camper would be nice. Hope y'all have tons of fun

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 08:59 PM   #9
wls

I have a 2016 fb2, love it. we have camped 21 days so far this year, heading out for 7 more this sat. We have had no problems with it. Just got done putting the washer/dryer in it. We have slide toppers, dual pane windows, gen prep and electric heater in bedroom. One thing I would like them do, and its little, is to move the toilet in the half bath, back closer to the wall. I have the on demand water heater, and I use a water softener. I'm sure you will like it, probably would like any CC rv.
2008 Dodge 3500 Dually, Cummins. Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter, 36 Gal aux fuel tank. Mag Hytec Trans pan. Mag Hytec Diff Pan. 6 speed autostick. 3:73, Timbrens, Smarty JR. Equipped.
2016 Cedar Creek 38FB2

2016 Camping Days=38
wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:18 PM   #10

We searched far and wide, learning the ropes, finding out info on top of the line fifth wheels and trying to use that info for the best 5'ver that was in our pay grade! After years gathering information; a Cedar Creek is what we ending up thinking fit that spec, and it was not for looks but for build/construction, then the wife had her pick with looks (also her thing is outlet placement [which u have to think about also]). To name a few in that grouping is Montana, Alpine, Bighorn, Pinnacle .... and some that cost 10's of thousands more and not built any better.

With that being said u can have trouble with any trailer! and we have had a few problems but most where from items not made by CC.

Winter camping and heating pad failed = frozen grey tank, same winter electronic circuit board for furnace burns out = no heat. Was that CC's fault no, but it was a pain. Good thing is that CC support was there to help with the cost.

Still take my Creek over others brands.

Tags
5th wheel, wheel