Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2013, 09:01 AM   #21

I can't speak from experience as we have only used our SB about 6 times and never in the rain. However I can't see the cathedral ceiling being that much of a problem! As you retract the slides in the rain most of the water should be wiped off by the slide seals, and the remaining moisture can be wiped off once fully retracted, easier on the forward end than on the rear, but still possible! I would think the cathedral ceiling would have less moisture than a flat top slide even with slide toppers!! That's my story and I'm keeping to it.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:07 AM   #22

I don’t see how a topper stops the rain from wetting any slide, so you have a wet slide anyway.

And the water from the topper has to go somewhere so the water will still be running down the slide. So topper or not you have to wait until its stops raining then dry the slides off, I never pull the slides in if they are wet.

I do notice that the windows on the side of the slides get dirty from the dirt on the top, when its a light rain. So out comes the window cleaner.
jimmac28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:19 AM   #23

I went to the Wildcat factory and looked and came home and ordered a Wildcat Sterling with all the goodies. It was a pretty camper and I had talked to a lot of people that loved there Wildcat's and I was sold. I ordered a Wildcat Sterling 32RL but what I got was a Polecat 32RL, the camper stayed in the shop, it was in the shop getting fixed more than I went camping with it. DW got mad because it stayed in the shop and Tom Johnson thought I was a whinner, something was wrong with camper all the time. I had planned a trip to Yellowstone and I was afraid to take it. I found a 30RL Cedar Creek at Tom Johnson and I traded for it and it has been a good camper. I had one problem, the bedroom slide would not go out right but I got that fixed, it is one great camper. I wish it had more windows like the Wildcat but I am working on that. Cedar Creek makes a good camper
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, wildcat