Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2008, 09:16 PM   #1

Hello from newbie

Hello to all Cedar Creek owners-I plan to be a new owner of a Silver Back TT in the very near future.
I guess this thread is to get a feel for how happy you have been with your Silverback TT experience.
We got into RVing back in 2004-we bought a KZ Frontier 2809 due to the TV that we had at the time-a 2001 Yukon. After 3 years with this unit, we knew we wanted to upgrade for something bigger and nicer-we upgraded our TV to a 2005 Ford Excursion with the powerstroke diesel so we could tow most any TT we wanted.
After many months of serching I thought I would not find a TT with a slide out bunk room with a nice pass through bath that would meet our needs-until I came across the Silverback 32lbhds.
I have only seen pics of this unit, but I am working with a dealer that is going to order a stock unit to my specs and give me first dibs when it arrives.
We live in upstate SC, and today we drove almost 2 hours to look at colors as the dealer is even going to let up pic the colors and options we want with no obligation. But if the unit is what I expect it to be we will more than likely pull the trigger.
I would like input on the Silverback TT's-good, bad or indifferent.
From what I have seen so far they appear to be very good quality and probably the most well appointed TT I have come across.
Any and all comments would be appreciated.
The order will probably we placed next week with a 5 to 6 week turnaround.
Please let me know what your thoughts are in regards to quality and experience with customer service on any warranty issues that might come up.
Would like to hear specifically from Silverback TT owners.
Looking forward to some good insight.
Best regards,
Jim
overniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:03 PM   #2

Send a message via MSN to welshman599
Welcome! I'm not a Cedar Creek owner, but have admired the build quality of that line for quite a while. Personally I find that customer service and the ease of warranty work really depends on how good your dealer is. Like auto dealers, they're the ones you I count on to go to bat for me and take care of problems I have. Others would disagree, but I've personally found no problems with FR backing up their trailers, but that's because my dealer has been the one dealing with it.

83 sweet sweet days camped in 2008 - not easy in my neck of the woods!
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 02:54 AM   #3

Welcome

Overniter,
Here is some good pics I found on line @ a dealers web site Nice TT.
Good Luck. Happy Camping.

http://www.cheyennecampingcenter.com/CCS32LBHDS.html

Woody
2002 F-250 Super-duty
Woody 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:30 AM   #4

I also do not own a Cedar Creek, but welcome you to FRF.
Great group of people here, and most of us are just getting into
the swing of things as far as the RV season goes.

It's getting hot in here, can't wait to de-winterize!

Nina
Hitched up to a White 1999 F-150 Ext. Cab
Number of days camped in 2014-2
(4 more days reserved)
NINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshman599 View Post
Welcome! I'm not a Cedar Creek owner, but have admired the build quality of that line for quite a while. Personally I find that customer service and the ease of warranty work really depends on how good your dealer is. Like auto dealers, they're the ones you I count on to go to bat for me and take care of problems I have. Others would disagree, but I've personally found no problems with FR backing up their trailers, but that's because my dealer has been the one dealing with it.
First of all, welcome to the forum. I as well, do not own a Cedar Creek.

I agree that it is your dealer that makes a big difference in dealing with your warranty problem and will go one step forward and add the dealer salesperson can play a big part as well. I say this from experience with my recent Dometic slide topper issue. My sales rep and dealer being 1400 miles away were a significant asset in getting my problem covered under warranty. Although Camping World is fixing the problem, my salesrep played a big part in getting this covered under warranty. The salesrep discussed my problem with his service tech and found that Camping World had not performed the fix properly and that Dometic's response to my problem was improper. The salesrep was concerned and requested that I keep him informed on the problem.

You can have a dealer located within a few miles from your home or a dealer that is thousands of miles away. What separates them apart is how they help you when you need them.

Good luck with your purchase!

2013 Camping Days: 22
2012 89 2011 50 2010 61
OregonCamper's Pics click here
OregonCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 03:39 PM   #6

Hi, welcome to FRF. I am a Rockwood owner, you came to the right forum. I am sure you will get a responds from a Cedar Creek owner.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:10 PM   #7

Thanks Woody-that is the exact site I found from doing a search several months ago and I revisit it quite often-one of the best links with pics of any I have seen.
It is neat how you can google the name and model number and come up with great information.
overniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:20 PM   #8

Rockwood owner also, but welcome to the forum family!!!

Tags
cedar creek