Old 01-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #1

Help ID Pin Box..

We now have a 2010 Cedar Creek 36RE and want to add a Reese Sidewinder or 5th Airborne sidewinder to it. The Pin box on the 36RE is extended but I can not find any matching numbers for the Reese units. The numbers I have found on pin box are:
. On sticker but some numbers missing are:
???-524-7821
018-000085206
Item # 198544
Mfd of 5/12/09
Can someone help and of course witch unit would be best, this is our first 5th wheel unit.
Thanks Roger

Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #2

What you have just done is given everyone your vehicle number (VIN) I think you might want to edit your post to delete that information.
What you more than likely have is a Lippert pin box.
Either manufacturer should be able to give you the correct pin box part number if you tell them what trailer and that it is a Lippert. Have you also considered a TrailAir pin box?

donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:02 PM   #3

Thanks

I have removed the etched in number, it is a Lippert, but the number needed to match the Sidewinder is the one I need, the paper sticker number is the only other numbers on the pin box. Our TV is a Ford F250 CC, 6.5 ft bed and looking for something to help in turning and ride.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:26 PM   #4

First off you do not have enough truck! My 34CKTS at roughly 36 feet long weighs a lot less than yours and I was waaayyyy over GVWR with my Chevy 2500HD. There is NOTHING that will help you until you resolve your weight issue. BTDT. The air ride pin nox will only do so much. BTW I have an air pin box. It will help some of the bounce between truck and trailer. All it rrally dors is smooth out the trailers ride.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #5

The size of the truck is not the issue, short bed is. The truck we have was built on an F350 frame, its towing is 24,000. It has the heavy duty towing package with camper package giveing the bed a rateing of just over 5,000. This has been checked and rechecked before the truck was bought. It was custom built for a dealership but never used until I bought it. Granted that it is loaded to the max with every option that could be put on one, tow package, over load springs, air bag's, leather, slide mirrors, brake controll, over sized sway control, so I don't have any problems towing. I have a slider 5th wheel unit, Reece 16k mounted but was looking at the SideWinder for turning.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:10 AM   #6

If you have a short box, the Reese Sidewinder is probably your best option. Long box, I would go with either Reese 5th Airborne or Trailair. Good luck and enjoy your new Creek.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #7

I have the 2008 F250 with the short bed. I am using a slider hitch with the 5th airborne pin box. As long as you remember no sharp turns unless you move the hitch to manuever, no problems at all. Pulling a 14500 lb 37" Cedar Creek SATS. The 5th Airborne does smooth out the ride a lot compared to the standard hitch.
Prefer my motor home.