Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #1

Hot Water Heater SOLVED

Hi! We are still newbies. We have the Silverback 35QB4 Fifth Wheel. So far loving it, but this morning we woke up to no hot water. Does anyone know if 1) does this has an on/off switch to the hot water heater, and if so how can we turn it back on, and 2) Is it heated by the propane or electricity? We did notice our first propane tank was used up, so we switched over to the second. 3) Is there a pilot light on the hot water heater? Basically we need to know how to get hot water. The cold shower was unpleasant this morning, although it did wake us up!

Thank you in advance!
T/C
luciwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:51 PM   #2

My fifth wheel had a off/on for propane on the control panel with all the other switches and an electrical off/on switch outside under the cover to the hot water heater
carlcaudill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
Site Team - Lou

If your propane ran out you can not just turn on the propane and expect the water heater to fire up.

1) You must turn off the hot water heater. The water heater only tries to relight 3 times before it "locks out" and won't work any more. Turning it off will reset the startup counter.

2) Make sure your stove top burners work. They must all 3 light bright and blue to be sure you have a good source of propane.

3) If you are one shore power electric as well (water heater switch "on" outside or inside), then the gas may not light if the water is hot. Sounds like NOT your problem.

Herk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Outside picture of Water Heater.jpg
Views:	624
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	20698   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rocker Switch.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	20699  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Suburban Water Heater Repair and Operation.pdf (3.60 MB, 298 views)
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:58 PM   #4

Herk, thanks for the picture. I see the pin through the elec on/off button. I have a 2011 CC with the Suburbon wh with the elec swith. There is a pin laying in the bottom of the rack that I wondered what it fit. Now I know and understand the reasoning. My other trailers before never had that as I knew? Great now to know.
glendodom is offline   Reply With Quote