Old 05-18-2014, 02:17 PM   #1

How do I add a sub to my SB 37BH

Its the Jensen DVD system with 4 celling speakers. For starters I am not sure if its a surround system or is it just using 4 main channels?

The sound is worse than a Bose cube system, sorry I am not a Bose fan, so how do I add a sub? I don't have an open power receptacle tp plug anything else at the TV so what do I do? My system at home is very good with pre/pro with 8 8" subs but I am at a loss how to modify this setup without trashing the trailer or getting a bank loan to pay for the upgrade. All I want is some resemblance of tone beyond what a tin can provide.

Regards

Old 05-18-2014, 02:29 PM   #2

Is your Jensen a home or auto head unit?

Old 05-18-2014, 08:18 PM   #3

Its the factory unit that came with the SB.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:21 AM   #4

I have no idea what an SB is or what came with it. Our 2014 Georgetown 351 came with a Jensen automobile Jensen head unit. Jensen also makes home units so without knowing what you type you have it's hard to point you in the right direction. Can you see if it runs off of 12v or 110v? Can you post a picture of it? Can you see a model number? Need more info.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:18 PM   #5

SB is the acronym for Silverback. The unit is the standard head unit installed in RV's, model number is Jenson AWM965.

I have space behind the fireplace where the pantry is so I hope this can be done.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:40 PM   #6
Site Team - Lou

JENSEN AM/FM/CD/DVD/MP3/USB Wallmount Stereo

It is a very nice car type stereo unit with 4 speakers. Like the old 4 speaker car units, it has L/R balance and F/R Fader controls for a music all around sound.

So to speak...

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKGCRD View Post
SB is the acronym for Silverback. The unit is the standard head unit installed in RV's, model number is Jenson AWM965.

I have space behind the fireplace where the pantry is so I hope this can be done.
Sorry, didn't realized it was standard in RVs. It sounds like you have a car unit so you will need a car amp, and a car sub woofer. If it was a home unit I was going to suggest a soundbar with a wireless sub. However, you'll need to pick a sub that will fit where you want to install it...an amp to match your sub and the wiring in between. If you can DIY it shouldn't be too hard. If not, take it to a shop to get it done. Good luck and Cheers, AL
Old 05-19-2014, 08:48 PM   #8
Site Team - Lou

Just watch your wire size for length of run when adding that amp and subwoofer. If you boondock you will find your battery will not last all that long.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:01 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKGCRD View Post
Its the Jensen DVD system with 4 celling speakers. For starters I am not sure if its a surround system or is it just using 4 main channels?

The sound is worse than a Bose cube system, sorry I am not a Bose fan, so how do I add a sub? I don't have an open power receptacle tp plug anything else at the TV so what do I do? My system at home is very good with pre/pro with 8 8" subs but I am at a loss how to modify this setup without trashing the trailer or getting a bank loan to pay for the upgrade. All I want is some resemblance of tone beyond what a tin can provide.

Regards

If you're any kind of audiophile, you should already know that you will never get the kind of sound you're looking for out of what the stock unit. Trash it all and start over if you want a home theatre sound, and just about anything sounds better than the stock unit.