Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2014, 11:42 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2
How Do I Open my Microwave Vent?

I have just purchased a Cedar Creek Cottage model CCK by Forest River, and cannot open the outside vent cover for the Microwave/Convection Oven. I have been told to just slide up the 2 tabs, but they won't slide. Can we please have some better instructions??

edit by site team: post moved to appropriate category
__________________

__________________
Ra1ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 12:03 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
tanddc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 464
Push up on the tabs and pull out at the same time.
__________________

__________________
tanddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:29 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanddc View Post
Push up on the tabs and pull out at the same time.
X2. Ours was a real pain to open when new but has become easier to open over time.
__________________
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:14 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2
Okay, it seems that pushing up and pulling out doesn't work. It feels like there's a spring in there, but it's so tight that we can't open it. If we break off those two flaps, will it still work properly?
__________________
Ra1ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:00 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Evereddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pfafftown NC
Posts: 2,064
It won't break. Just 'have at it' but I wouldn't do it in 32 degree weather either. Brittle plastic. Take your thumbs and push up and out at the same time. You can do one at a time if that helps. If it does break nothing bad will happen. Just means you can't lock it closed when on the road and we have left ours open several times and nothing goes wrong. Maybe just a little more ventilation is all.
__________________
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:02 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
camper1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
X2. Ours was a real pain to open when new but has become easier to open over time.
X3 i also sprayed i little silicon on the tabs. It seemed to help or its my imagination
__________________
2012 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
2011 GMC 2500HD Diesel
camper1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 02:42 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Halifax Nova Scotia Canada
Posts: 569
Outside vent cover stuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra1ph View Post
I have just purchased a Cedar Creek Cottage model CCK by Forest River, and cannot open the outside vent cover for the Microwave/Convection Oven. I have been told to just slide up the 2 tabs, but they won't slide. Can we please have some better instructions??

edit by site team: post moved to appropriate category
Ours had some caulking that hardened under flap which kept it closed...Had to carefully pry it open...J
__________________
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 04:05 PM   #8
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 6,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in Halifax View Post
Ours had some caulking that hardened under flap which kept it closed...Had to carefully pry it open...J
X2
... plus I'm 6 ft. tall and can barely touch mine while standing on the ground. I usually have to stand on my step stool to get enough "thumb leverage".
__________________
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110; booked = 0
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 04:29 PM   #9
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
When I finally got ours open, I put a small pc of the fuzzy side Velcro on it to keep it from making noise and just left it open. It's been open since Feb 2012 and no problems.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 05:21 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Halifax Nova Scotia Canada
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
X2
... plus I'm 6 ft. tall and can barely touch mine while standing on the ground. I usually have to stand on my step stool to get enough "thumb leverage".
Me also only 5'8""...I leave ours unlocked and push a sponge up under vent cover to keep it closed....Old types used to lock from inside...J
__________________

__________________
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19 PM.