Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2019, 11:57 AM   #21

Doug, that is where they are. So I guess I am going to cut then off and drill them out and hope I can slide the out. Thanks.
smittyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:09 AM   #22

I'd like to know . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Currie View Post
The panels are easy to remove. Just undo the screws and slide last 2 out the back. The next 2 can be removed by also undoing screws and the are flexible enough to pop out one side then slide out side of trailer. The very front one on mine was screwed from above so I just dropped the back of it. The big trick is getting the insulation blanket and foil back in neatly. I can tell you how I did it if your interested.
I want to check/replace the black water valve on a 33IK. I figured out the panel removal, but would like to know how you handle the foil. Did you find a brand or type of tape to seal it back up? Thanks!
Old 04-23-2019, 10:04 AM   #23

When I pulled the panels off the foil insulation was laying onto of the panels. So I placed it back on top of the panels as I pushed them back in.
smittyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:06 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBBA11043 View Post
I want to check/replace the black water valve on a 33IK. I figured out the panel removal, but would like to know how you handle the foil. Did you find a brand or type of tape to seal it back up? Thanks!
Yes I used the aluminium foil duct tape. Availible at any hardware store. Sticks well. The foil sides are not taped to the frame just the foil to foil joints. I used temporary thin sticks cut the length from frame to frame to hold insulation and foil in place before installing the panels back in. Then simply slid then out one at a time as the panel snapped into the frame.
Doug Currie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frame