Old 04-06-2019, 10:40 AM   #1

How to Remove Bottom Frame Panels

Any one know how to remove the bottom panels of a 2019 29RE. I need to get access to run wires from front to back of trailer.

smittyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 10:48 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyboy View Post
Any one know how to remove the bottom panels of a 2019 29RE. I need to get access to run wires from front to back of trailer.
Drill and or hammer and chisel.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 10:53 AM   #3

Per their video they say they can be easily removed for service. So you say I need to force them out.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:55 AM   #4
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Per their video they say they can be easily removed for service. So you say I need to force them out.
Oh...they can be easily removed...

It is putting it back together that is the really fun part!

JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 10:58 AM   #5

Quote:
I have not seen them but have learned here from reading that they are steal pins shot into the frame. Those type pins I have shot into concrete all my life so I understand the process.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 11:01 AM   #6

Any idea on how to get the panels out. They are suppose to be floating between the frame rails.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:05 AM   #7

Do you mean the enclosed underbelly coroplast? If it's like most, that is held up by some screws and sits on top of the I-beam around the perimeter. I had to re & re ours last year due to a toilet that overflowed and soaked the insulation. NOT an easy job to re & re the underbelly... Getting the entire coroplast out would be a BIG job and it may help to cut it into smaller sections but you would need to use some flat aluminum or steel to screw it back onto. You would take a section of the coroplast, pull it down off the perimeter where it sits on the frame and slide it forwards or rearwards over stabilizer jacks and other obstructions.

Another method would be to cut small access 3-sided openings like say 6"x6" to fish wires between a few access points. Then fold the flaps back in place and seal up with Gorilla tape. There is insulation in there that might make it harder to fish the wire though.

There are alternatives. You could tie wrap the wires to the propane line or use some insulated wire clamps. I ran a wire from A-frame to a rear camera by attaching the wire with tie wraps. Or depending on what you're doing, you could run wires 100% concealed in the ceiling cavity. I've run many different types of wires front to back by doing this. "Simply" use lights, AC grilles, bezels, etc. as access points and if needed, run up and down walls or in the space under cabinets then use a fish tape.

If it were me, I'd just tie wrap the wire to the underside and be done with it and leave it for a future date when you want to, or need to, do some other work in the underbelly space.

Old 04-06-2019, 02:15 PM   #8

On a Cedar Creek the 4'x8' ABS panels are screwed to a wood backer (looks like 1"x3"x8' wood board).

You can see the installation of the panels and the wood backer boards in the Cedar Creek Construction Process video at Cedar Creek Hathaway Edition | Forest River RV - Manufacturer of Travel Trailers - Fifth Wheels - Tent Campers - Motorhomes . Watch at 3:33 into the video.

You might be able to run the wires by partially loosening the side skirt where it attaches to the frame. I'm talking about the piece that transitions from the side wall to the frame.
racer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 03:07 PM   #9

IMO no reason to run the wires inside of the frame. Just run them through 1/2 inch lawn sprinkler poly tubing like this:

In my case I had an open frame, so I just ran them on top of the cross braces, but you can support them in many ways with zip ties or various clamp styles.

Disclaimer: The actual value of my "Two Cents" of advice varies just like a bitcoin.
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 03:20 PM   #10

I have a Cedar Creek 34RL2, it has the 4 x 8 panels. For my application, I was running ethernet cables to each slide. I accessed the inside of the underbelly from my basement. Then I removed some of the screws holding the belly panels in place. Then all I needed to do is "snake the cable 4 feet for each panel. I exited the panel near each slide, and used the existing cable bundles to zip tie the ethernet cable to the bundle. It was quite easy access. I put spray foam in the hole and sealed with durabond to seal the area. The biggest part of the project was reworking the basement wall to provide a better access. it was well worth it..
HATHAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 06:19 PM   #11
ARLO

Quote:
I think I would look into running some pvc to the bottom of the trailer, painted black so it is inconspicuous, front to back. It would save a lot of time and a big butt ache.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 07:11 AM   #12

You folks are not answering the OP question, he wants to get the panels off. CC does not have a 1 piece coroplast underbelly. Look underneath at the rear of the unit about 18 inches forward of the rear frame crossmember. Remove 5 square drive screws and slide the 4x8 ABS plastic rearward to expose the underside of the camper. Like wise, slide all remaining panels to the rear for removal.

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:39 AM   #13

SilhouettePenny, Thank you very much.
Old 04-08-2019, 04:21 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilhouettePenny View Post
Remove 5 square drive screws and slide the 4x8 ABS plastic rearward to expose the underside of the camper. Like wise, slide all remaining panels to the rear for removal.

Now that's an answer. Good on you!
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 10:11 AM   #15

I was able to slide the last 2 to the rear of my trailer but the third had the trailer break wires poking threw so I just bent that one out of the rails.
birdman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:19 PM   #16

The panels are easy to remove. Just undo the screws and slide last 2 out the back. The next 2 can be removed by also undoing screws and the are flexible enough to pop out one side then slide out side of trailer. The very front one on mine was screwed from above so I just dropped the back of it. The big trick is getting the insulation blanket and foil back in neatly. I can tell you how I did it if your interested.
Doug Currie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:56 PM   #17

How did you go about doing this. Mine front and rear are from the top down without tearing it all up.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:51 AM   #18

Quote:
How did you go about doing this. Mine front and rear are from the top down without tearing it all up.
Just my very front one was screwed from top down along the front only. All the rest were screwed into wood strips between frames where they overlap.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:46 AM   #19

Doug, Ours is screwed from top down front and rear.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:24 AM   #20

Quote:
Doug, Ours is screwed from top down front and rear.
That's unfortunate. Someone at the factory was not thinking. I was upset my front one was started that way. Makes that area hard to service. I assume your grey and black water valves are in there as well.

Tags
frame