Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 10:48 AM   #41

If you know how to remove the number I can not. Guess another good point about drinking. That's why I don't do facebook or the other crap. I think she said she had the number if not I can PM.
Old 12-04-2016, 12:46 PM   #42
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
You do get Quote, Report, Share and More though, right?

Edit: or how about Quote, EDIT, Share and More?
On my android, you tap your post, it turns blue, and at top there's a pencil that appears, tap that, and make your edit.....Using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2016, 03:41 PM   #43
Retired

My husband is also in the hospital but we are in Indianapolis and he has been there since Oct 14th. Needless to say it is starting to get cold up here. One thing I did do that might help a little is since I am here by myself and don't need a lot of room is I pulled the slides in when it got colder so that I have less area to heat. I am at the hospital 8-9 hours a day so I leave a space heater running up on my kitchen countertop. When I get home I turn on a second one and it is really nice in here. I have checked on getting a propane tank set up outside and the smallest one from the propane company is 120 gal and it would be $375.00 to fill and set up. Since I do not know how long I am going to be here (it could be another 3 weeks or two months) I am putting off doing that til I have to. I have a 40 lb tank built into my Sunseeker so I cannot just take it and get it filled.I will have to have the furnace running full time before long to keep the water lines from freezing and also pick up a heated hose. Right now I wrapped and duct taped pipe insulation on my water hose and let the water drip and keep my gray tank open. When I have to dump I close the gray tank and take a shower and let the water run to have the gray tank fill up and then after dumping I leave the gray tank open for the water to drip into. Hopefully some of this might help you and also prayers to you and your husband.
Old 12-04-2016, 06:58 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennlady View Post
My husband is also in the hospital but we are in Indianapolis and he has been there since Oct 14th. Needless to say it is starting to get cold up here. One thing I did do that might help a little is since I am here by myself and don't need a lot of room is I pulled the slides in when it got colder so that I have less area to heat. I am at the hospital 8-9 hours a day so I leave a space heater running up on my kitchen countertop. When I get home I turn on a second one and it is really nice in here. I have checked on getting a propane tank set up outside and the smallest one from the propane company is 120 gal and it would be $375.00 to fill and set up. Since I do not know how long I am going to be here (it could be another 3 weeks or two months) I am putting off doing that til I have to. I have a 40 lb tank built into my Sunseeker so I cannot just take it and get it filled.I will have to have the furnace running full time before long to keep the water lines from freezing and also pick up a heated hose. Right now I wrapped and duct taped pipe insulation on my water hose and let the water drip and keep my gray tank open. When I have to dump I close the gray tank and take a shower and let the water run to have the gray tank fill up and then after dumping I leave the gray tank open for the water to drip into. Hopefully some of this might help you and also prayers to you and your husband.

I bought ceramic space heaters yesterday. So far one seems to be giving enough heat. When the temp really drops I may have to turn the other one upstairs. Last night I ran the furnace because the temp really dropped. My husband bought a heated hose a few weeks ago and has it run to the rig. He did tell me that he has only one propane tank open and that when it runs out I need to change it over. There's a couple of really nice Cedar Creek owners here that my husband has met. I'm hoping when the tanks need changing I can call on one of the fellas to help me. If not my husband's friend is a certified RV tech that maybe I can call.

Prayers for your husband. I'm praying that our admission ends shortly after his heart cath tomorrow. Adding your husband to my prayer list.
Old 12-04-2016, 07:04 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeepMeep View Post
let's see if I can help just a little bit... Yes on lubricating the tank pull handles - use silicone spray 2. The tank heaters are electric and controlled by a switch on your main switch panel 3. If you have two AC units, one will typically be a heat pump, which is what we use when leaving during the day. At night, we set the furnace at about 58-60 and do the thing with the ceramic heaters. I wouldn't put a ceramic heater in the basement - I'd use a 100W bulb. 4. Humidifier is personal taste. 5. Cleaning pet "accidents" - we used a "Little Green Machine", then did the Fabreeze --Hoped that helps a little

How do you use a 100W bulb in the basement? On a lamp of some sort I get but is that a fire risk?
Old 12-04-2016, 07:10 PM   #46

You buy the 100 Watt heat light with fixture that has a spring loaded clip on it, you should have a 110 Volt recptacle in your basement or sit an electric heater in basement set on low. wishing you and your husband the best.
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
Old 12-04-2016, 07:12 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5CI View Post
You buy the 100 Watt heat light with fixture that has a spring loaded clip on it, you should have a 110 Volt recptacle in your basement or sit an electric heater in basement set on low. wishing you and your husband the best.

Thank you.
Old 12-04-2016, 07:19 PM   #48
Retired

Thank you and your husband is in my prayers. My husband had kidney cancer that went to his spine so had kidney & lymph nodes removed, and cancer taken from spine with rods put in and radiation done. Long road ahead for us. Take care
Old 12-04-2016, 09:04 PM   #49

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
When using water to flush the black tank be VERY careful not to get distracted and fill it to full. Damage can be done to the tank. No need to add anything to the black tank unless you are pulling up and leaving. I tried all the methods I have read. GEO Method and others. I add a packet of deodorizer when I am headed home and will not be using it for a while. That follows a good flush and a few gallons of water.

If the temps rise to the upper 40's low 50'd during the day then you should not have to worry about freezing anything unless the temps are down in the upper 20's or lower for 3-4 hours. Of course you may have to removed and drain the water hose if it does not have electric tracing.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Old 12-04-2016, 09:28 PM   #50
Left Coast

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161204_192758032.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	126189....Black tank
Old 12-04-2016, 11:21 PM   #51

Thank you everyone. This advice has helped more than you know!
Old 12-05-2016, 10:27 AM   #52
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kway View Post
That would be awesome! I tried to drain the black tank today and my husband said I did it wrong because I didn't close the gray tank valves. He's ticked. So I came home tonight. Closed the gray tanks. Opened the black tank and turned the hose on to the sewer flush. It's washing now but my husband says the sewer water all went into the gray tanks because I didn't close them. I hope I didn't screw up too badly.
I don't believe anyone else addressed this but what your husband is worried about shouldn't be possible. At least on any RV that I've ever seen.

Unless he changed your plumbing configuration the black water should never be able to get into the grey water tanks. Even with the grey valves open.

In fact, when I drain my tanks, I open the gray valves first, then the black. Then close them both at the same time. Never had an issue.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:33 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
I don't believe anyone else addressed this but what your husband is worried about shouldn't be possible. At least on any RV that I've ever seen.

Unless he changed your plumbing configuration the black water should never be able to get into the grey water tanks. Even with the grey valves open.

In fact, when I drain my tanks, I open the gray valves first, then the black. Then close them both at the same time. Never had an issue.
X2 - this is completely impossible (unless your husband did plumbing modification; which I have a hard time thinking he did!)

What your DH probably wants you to do is have a semi-full gray tank so it will flush the sewer hose after you dump the black tank.
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
Old 12-05-2016, 10:37 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
X2 - this is completely impossible (unless your husband did plumbing modification; which I have a hard time thinking he did!)

What your DH probably wants you to do is have a semi-full gray tank so it will flush the sewer hose after you dump the black tank.
Only true if the sewer hose is attached. If the drain cap is on and you open both valves, you will get black into gray. (Just don't want anyone to think it can NEVER happen.)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
Old 12-05-2016, 10:40 AM   #55
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post

X 3 Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
Old 12-05-2016, 10:57 AM   #56

Thank you! That eases my mind a lot. We've made no modifications to our rig at all yet. We've only had it since April and only moved into it FT in late September.

EARLY this morning at 0430 I learned that having the coffee pot and space heater plugged in then turning on the blow dryer is not conducive to keeping power on to those outlets. So while trying to run out of the house on time to get to the hospital, I checked all the GFI outlets. They were all fine. Then I remembered the breaker and fuse box. It was a breaker which after I reset it I had to reset the bathroom GFI. By that point I decided to air dry my hair and switch heat from space heater to heat pump especially since I'm going to be at the hospital all day.

Can I consider it a small victory that I was able to figure this much out?
Old 12-05-2016, 11:03 AM   #57

Quote:
Thank you! That eases my mind a lot. We've made no modifications to our rig at all yet. We've only had it since April and only moved into it FT in late September.

EARLY this morning at 0430 I learned that having the coffee pot and space heater plugged in then turning on the blow dryer is not conducive to keeping power on to those outlets. So while trying to run out of the house on time to get to the hospital, I checked all the GFI outlets. They were all fine. Then I remembered the breaker and fuse box. It was a breaker which after I reset it I had to reset the bathroom GFI. By that point I decided to air dry my hair and switch heat from space heater to heat pump especially since I'm going to be at the hospital all day.

I haven't read it all, hope your Husbands situation improves.
But lots of great folks on it here to help out as your seeing..soo

Yes Victory!

Now..
Calm Down.. deep breath.. You got this.
Old 12-05-2016, 11:04 AM   #58
Mddle of the Rd Extremist

Quote:

APPLAUSE!! APPLAUSE!! This is how most of learned our rigs.....this forum has saved me many a time

Hope the DH is on the mend

2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2013 RAM 3500 6.7L diesel DRW Crew Cab
"When you get to the fork in the road, take it....."
Old 12-05-2016, 11:26 AM   #59
Left Coast

You go girl!....lol
Old 12-05-2016, 12:51 PM   #60
Sunseeker 2400MBW

Praying for your husband's health and for you! This community/forum is awesome, I'm very grateful.

Tags
winter