Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2016, 08:09 PM   #1

Hydraulic landing gear

I have a 2016 Silverback. While preparing for our first big trip I turned on the landing gear display and pressed the level up button. It started making a beeping sound but does not display anything on the screen. Even with the power shut off at the cut the beeping continues. Any idea what is happening.
Henry16415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:07 AM   #2

Anything could have happen such a slow voltage. What you need to do is read the display, the display will tell you to press enter to reset the display. Once you have done that the beeping will go away and you can start over. This has happen to my wife several times and she will get very frustrated and walk away. I will reset the unit by pressing the enter button and tell her to start over everything works normal than.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:11 AM   #3

Thanks, the display is lit up but no messages. Have you ever had that problem.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:45 AM   #4

Thanks, the display is blank. It is lit up but no info. Have you ever had that problem.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:41 AM   #5

Like Jim was saying you need to reset your level up system. Sometimes you can just power off/on and sometimes you have to do a system reset which your manual will have steps to do so. Seems like the newer systems are different from my older one on how to perform that.

Also sounds like you need to install a real battery cutoff switch on the negative cable where it grounds to the trailer. It's one of the first things I always install.

Good luck!
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:35 PM   #6

Hydraulic landing gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry16415 View Post
Thanks, the display is lit up but no messages. Have you ever had that problem.

I was traveling today and I was not able to see your reply until now. No my display always had some sort of error message but as I stated earlier, you need to reset the unit. One way is to unhook the negative battery cable killing all power to the trailer. The unit should reset and than start over.

Good luck.

Jim

Tags
hydraulic