Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2019, 11:37 AM   #1

Hydraulic manifold failure

We have a 2014 Cedar Creek 34rls. We were getting ready to hook up and when pushing the slide button, the front jacks retraced and the slides stayed opened. Trying to contact a mobile repair, but in the meantime any thoughts/advice?
Sboling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 02:57 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sboling View Post
We have a 2014 Cedar Creek 34rls. We were getting ready to hook up and when pushing the slide button, the front jacks retraced and the slides stayed opened. Trying to contact a mobile repair, but in the meantime any thoughts/advice?
It sounds like the solenoid for the front jacks is shorted with the slide wiring causing it to activate when the slide button is pushed. If the jack solenoid activated, the jacks would go down first because the weight was pushing them. The oil would not pull in the slides until the jacks were completely retracted.

Another possibility would be that the hydraulic manifold is cracked. But if that were the case, you would probably have oil leaking.
DG N. AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:32 PM   #3

The Alta board may have gone wonky. This is the circuit board that controls the signals to the hydraulic solenoids. You can put your level up controller in manual mode and then swap the trigger wire from one solenoid to the other to get the action you want. You can see the wires plugged into the solenoid valves.

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:07 AM   #4

So it, isn't the hydraulic manifold?
BigRockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRockr View Post
So it, isn't the hydraulic manifold?

We have nothing leaking. We are taking it into a shop. The mobile repair is sure that it’s a solenoid.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:34 PM   #6

Quote:
We have nothing leaking. We are taking it into a shop. The mobile repair is sure that it’s a solenoid.
Any follow up on what your problem turned out to be?

Old 12-20-2019, 11:10 AM   #7

Sorry for the delay in responding. We have it scheduled to ale to an RV repair. We had two mobile repair men and they both suggested that.
Old 12-20-2019, 11:56 AM   #8
Site Team

We've seen reports of this before and IIRC it was a failed solenoid almost every time.
Old 12-20-2019, 02:28 PM   #9

That’s what both mobile repairmen said. Good thing we aren’t full timers yet!
Old 12-20-2019, 06:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
We've seen reports of this before and IIRC it was a failed solenoid almost every time.
Where is the solenoid in the IRC? I have a 2016 33IK and my IRC is just a twist valve like a water spigot. No solenoid. The solenoids are part of the main control that decides what system to send the fluid to, either the leveling jacks or the slides. Once it heads to the slides it goes thru the IRC manifold before to the slides. So, are you just referring to the solenoids in general?

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 08:35 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
Where is the solenoid in the IRC? I have a 2016 33IK and my IRC is just a twist valve like a water spigot. No solenoid. The solenoids are part of the main control that decides what system to send the fluid to, either the leveling jacks or the slides. Once it heads to the slides it goes thru the IRC manifold before to the slides. So, are you just referring to the solenoids in general?
The IIRc that I was referring to was "If I Remember Correctly".

The OP said "when pushing the slide button, the front jacks retraced and the slides stayed open." which is consistent with the solenoid not switching to the slide circuit.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:24 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
The IIRc that I was referring to was "If I Remember Correctly".

The OP said "when pushing the slide button, the front jacks retraced and the slides stayed open." which is consistent with the solenoid not switching to the slide circuit.
Lol, I was wondering where the two I’s came from. The Individual Room Control is referred to by Lippert as IRC... IEC...(I’m easily confused)..

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 11:00 AM   #13

I, and Orvan, chased slide failure problems from day 1 (May, 2016) till about a year ago. He's replaced the manifold, the pump twice, and two rams twice, and one ram 3 times.

The real issue was never the pump or the manifold or the valves..........Orvan replaced those one a time trying to figure it out. He even called a buddy of his at Lippert and they discussed. The end result was leaking rams.

Even when he finally replaced all 3 rams and it all worked perfectly..........the next trip to Orvan (I go every year) he found another leaking ram just in his normal inspection process. That was bedroom slide. So he replaced it AGAIN (3rd time). We've had zero problems since.

FWIW, I took it to a dealer originally when slides would creep out. They worked with Lippert and did specific testing Lippert required. It PASSED those tests, believe it or not. But it did nothing to fix the problem. That's when Cedar Creek sent me to Orvan, and he's been a godsend since then.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 09:15 AM   #14

Quote:
So did they replace the Alta circuit board? That's where I would start, I think.

Tags
hydraulic