Old 06-16-2019, 05:22 PM   #1

Hydraulic Slide Fluid

Need some input. We just got back from a 2 week trip with new 34IK. All systems worked great. The ride back over I-40 east in NC/TN was bumpy caused by potholes along the way. At times I figured everything in TT would be tossed. It was similar ride going up. Anyway, when we got back and pulled TT into storage, my DW heard a hissing sound as I backed in. I had to go over one more small pothole in storage driveway and think that did it. I looked on ground behind drivers side TV wheels and noticed red fluid leaking. I dried it up then opened up the kitchen slide and noticed leaking again after slide opened. Slide opens and closes fine...just leaks a bit during the process. I looked underneath and could see red fluid around hose fitting connected to hydraulic motor and along underneath motor. No way I can get a wrench in there to tighten fitting. Do you think itís the motor or loose fitting?

Planning to call dealer tomorrow to schedule a checkup for this issue. I would attempt to tighten fitting myself but not sure how to slide bottom panels under TT over to get at the fitting. Should I just leave for dealer?

Anyone encounter this issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1232.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	248.1 KB
ID:	207521  

poolbug054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 07:12 PM   #2

new, let dealer fix it. we also had a similar leak. dealer fixed it. but look at the manual to see what type of fluid the system uses. it is typically automotive auto transmission fluid. but there are two types of this fluid. know which type your system uses and buy a quart to have with you just in case.

Old 06-17-2019, 08:40 AM   #3

Order this from Amazon for your CC hydraulic system after you repair the leak. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190205_060554.jpeg
Views:	107
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	207565

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:10 PM   #4

I handed off TT to dealer today. The Tech stated the problem was with either seal or hose. He felt confident he could have fixed before our next trip in 3 weeks. Iíll keep my fingers crossed.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICKDOE View Post
new, let dealer fix it. we also had a similar leak. dealer fixed it. but look at the manual to see what type of fluid the system uses. it is typically automotive auto transmission fluid. but there are two types of this fluid. know which type your system uses and buy a quart to have with you just in case.

I handed off TT to dealer today. The Tech stated the problem was with either seal or hose. He felt confident he could have fixed before our next trip in 3 weeks. Iíll keep my fingers crossed.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilhouettePenny View Post
Order this from Amazon for your CC hydraulic system after you repair the leak. Attachment 207565
X2, great stuff...

mbbutler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic, slide